2 Graphic cards Crossfire only 2 out of 3 monitor on. HELP!

kouasupra

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Running all the right driver for the XFX ATI 7770 graphic card. When I open the Catalyst Control Center application. There's a tab that ask me if I want to "Enable AMD CrossFireX". When I click on "Apply" only 2 monitors are display and the 3rd one is not.

If I click on "disable AMD CrossfireX" all monitors come on. I have the crossfire bridge on both of my cards.

2 monitor = 1 x XFX 7770
1 monitor = 1 x XFX 7770

I thought that I'm suppose to crossfire both cards to get the best performance?

At the moment, I had to disable the crossfire in the Catalyst Control Center to have all 3 monitors working.

simmons33

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I believe all the monitors have to be hooked up to the "Master" card, not the "Slave" card(s)

Also, jay2tall stated this in a previous post.

"Eyefinity requires that 1 of the displays use the Display Port. You can have a combinations of (2) DVI or (1) DVI and (1) HDMI display, but the 3rd MUST use the display port. The only work around to this is buying a display port to DVI active converter. These run about $100+ from what I hear. I also don't know if this causes any lag in monitor response either.

Once you have 3 displays working, you just use the ATI drivers and turn on Eyefinity, which is basically just a single desktop spread across 3 displays. Eyefinity is just a marketing name."

Im not familiar with the proper setup of AMD/ATI cards but I hope this helps in some way should this be the issue

kouasupra

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009

Yes you are corrected. I had to use a display port connector to connect the 3rd monitor in. The slave card can't have any ports going in. Only the master must take all of the port.

It's just weird how that works. I have 3 different monitors with different resolution on each one. I might just not crossfire them at all. When I up'ed the frame rate my resolution is drop or becomes more poorer.

I'm thinking 2 monitors to 1 card and 1 monitor to 1 card. That should probably reduce the stress level on the card i'm assuming. Correct me if I'm wrong.