Closed Solved

His 6870 iceQx running too hot.

Hi.

I recently purchased a His 6870 iceQx and I noticed mine is running hotter that the others.

Mine runs at 52 C while idle and others has posted on websites that normal should be 32 C.

Mine under stress runs normally, 65 C which is OK. Room tempearture is 25C.

Is there something I should do?

I contacted hisdigital.com, I guess a non technical person took my case and suggested to RMA and get replacement, but that is not an option since I am currently in another country from where I bought it.

Cheers.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6870 iceqx running
  1. Check whether the wires inside your Cabinet are placed properly or not.
    Those wires can block Air Flow.

Check this out: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/computer-cool-electricity.htm#page=0
  2. mmm no I don't think that is the problem, I have tried two different cases and also leaving the case open for a while, still the same temp.

Do you think they might fogot to apply termal paste or did it incorrectly?
  3. Best answer
    One day when I cleaned my Old Computer. Which wasn't clean from a year.
    I found that the Gap between the CPU Fan and Processor was filled by Alot of dust and Webs of spider.
    I cleaned it and then found this big margin:

Before

Idle Temp: 54
    Full load Temp: 65

After

Idle Temp: 39
    Full load Temp: 57

So I'd say that you should clean your GPU with a Blower.
    If you cleaned properly and then also nothing decreased then send it to RMA.
  4. Check the fan speed in CCC it should be spinning at 28% with no load. (depends on the type of cooler obviously). My 6950 is also an iceqx and spins at 28% idle
  5. Yes, it is spining at 30%, when I have time I will open the card and reapply termal paste.

Most probably this came defective as its brand new(no dust).

thanks for tips guys
  6. just a quick question, are you running 1 or 2 monitors?
  7. Best answer selected by maralejo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics