XFX DD 7870 or Sapphire 7870?

G

Which one is better? I'll be playing 1650x1080.

Specs:
-i5-3570K
-8GB DDR3
-Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Z77
-Corsair CX600 V2 600 Watt

JJ1217

Honorable

You kidding me? There are so many people on so many forums having issues with XFX cards. There build quality must of really gone down recently.

I've only owned one XFX (the one I have currently) and the fan bearings are shot - sounds like a vacuum cleaner at boot...

jakeythehobo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I just had to RMA my XFX DD 7970 because the fans rattled, and now this new card that I've got has ridiculously high temps. +15°C higher than my last one...

I'd suggest Sapphire - if I have to RMA my card again, I may just ask for a refund and get one of them myself.

Funny that Sapphire has been recommended, because it's Sapphire that has given me the worst experiences of all. I'd most highly recommend EVGA (though they don't do Radeons, they're purely GeForces). For a Radeon, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte will be a safe bet.

People tend to discuss problems they're having with relatively recent purchases - my issues related to hardware failures well after purchase. Cards simply died. 3 cards, all within 6 months after warranty expiry. Agreed about the XFX cards though, I've noticed a bunch of threads about them also.