Compatability doesn't include sound

Gizmos and Gadgets, by the Learning Company, can't find the sound card
drivers for win95. I get the msg "The MIDI driver for your sound card could
not be found"
I don't know how to get the software to look for the win 95/98 midi driver,
or if they are even available. My son really loves this game and I really
would like for him to be able to play it. I have installed the compatability
toolkit, but am not sure what to do with it to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

rmk
2 answers Last reply
More about compatability doesn include sound

    Your XP sound card needs to be configured to allow MIDI sounds. Is it?
    "BobbyKny" <BobbyKny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Gizmos and Gadgets, by the Learning Company, can't find the sound card
    > drivers for win95. I get the msg "The MIDI driver for your sound card
    > could
    > not be found"
    > I don't know how to get the software to look for the win 95/98 midi
    > driver,
    > or if they are even available. My son really loves this game and I really
    > would like for him to be able to play it. I have installed the
    > compatability
    > toolkit, but am not sure what to do with it to resolve the problem.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > rmk

    I checked CP and it is.

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > Your XP sound card needs to be configured to allow MIDI sounds. Is it?
    > "BobbyKny" <BobbyKny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Gizmos and Gadgets, by the Learning Company, can't find the sound card
    > > drivers for win95. I get the msg "The MIDI driver for your sound card
    > > could
    > > not be found"
    > > I don't know how to get the software to look for the win 95/98 midi
    > > driver,
    > > or if they are even available. My son really loves this game and I really
    > > would like for him to be able to play it. I have installed the
    > > compatability
    > > toolkit, but am not sure what to do with it to resolve the problem.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > rmk

Sound Cards Windows XP