Compatability doesn't include sound

February 9, 2005 9:37:05 AM

Gizmos and Gadgets, by the Learning Company, can't find the sound card
drivers for win95. I get the msg "The MIDI driver for your sound card could
not be found"
I don't know how to get the software to look for the win 95/98 midi driver,
or if they are even available. My son really loves this game and I really
would like for him to be able to play it. I have installed the compatability
toolkit, but am not sure what to do with it to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

rmk
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 12:57:44 PM

Your XP sound card needs to be configured to allow MIDI sounds. Is it?
"BobbyKny" <BobbyKny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gizmos and Gadgets, by the Learning Company, can't find the sound card
> drivers for win95. I get the msg "The MIDI driver for your sound card
> could
> not be found"
> I don't know how to get the software to look for the win 95/98 midi
> driver,
> or if they are even available. My son really loves this game and I really
> would like for him to be able to play it. I have installed the
> compatability
> toolkit, but am not sure what to do with it to resolve the problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> rmk
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 12:57:45 PM