How much to sell new computer for?

sr24

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Hey everyone and thanks for the answers in advance.

I'm fairly new to selling off computers, always just built them for family, but I'm trying to decide how much to sell this one for.

Here are the specs:
Corsair 850W ATX PSU
990 FX Sabertooth Motherboard
16GB of DDR3 2133 Patriot Memory
1TB Western Digital 7200 RPM HDD
250GB Samsung SSD
EVGA 015-P3-1583-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) Black Ops Edition
NZXT Phantom ATX Full Tower
AMD FX 8350 cpu

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AoE5

That should be everything in there i believe.

This is wrong. No one will pay more than the parts cost because they won't get a warranty and it was built by some guy.

Companies like cyberpower provide warranties and thats why they can charge more.

You won't ever get what you paid for all the parts out of it. Your best bet is to take it apart and sell everything separately.

Post it in the classifieds here and you will see that nobody will pay more than 15% less than what you did.

sr24

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I still have all of the cases and warranty information on all the parts, where applicable, so I don't see how a warranty issue would be present (maybe i'm naive?). Also, I am not looking to sell it in a computer smart market (which this is in my opinion) I am more looking at selling it on ebay or craigs list in my local community. But I needed a rough ballpark estimate for that too happen. Thank you for the replies.

The warranties won't transfer to the new owner of the parts.

Even selling on craigslist or ebay, people eill do some research. I've tried this more than once and every time its been the same. Everyone has told me the same stuff. Honestly, add up the price of everything and add $50 and list it on craigslist. when someone offers you $100 less than the listed price, take it.

I would say about 10% more, especially if you test your system after it's assembled. Most people (not people on this site), don't usually know what costs are associated with PC parts and assembly. I would think that if you spend $600 in parts, that you should be able to charge about $20-30 for assembly and about $20-30 more for testing. You can always offer Square Trade warranties (if selling through Ebay or the likes) for peace of mind, but most parts usually come with a 1 yr. warranty.

sr24

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Parts alone cost roughly $1720. I have yet to run any serious tests on it besides basic boot up, cpu-z, and a few other basic things to make sure everything was up to date and running properly. So I assume charging roughly $2000 would be a fair selling point then?