Amd 7870 OC VERSION VS AMD 7950

I have one single 1920x1080 monitor and will not buy another anyitme soon. Price difference is $70 without tax is it worth it for the 7950? I will do older gaming like age of empires and dirt 3
6 answers Last reply
More about 7870 version 7950
  1. If you "Don't" plan on playing like THE most upcomming titles then the 7870 will be perfect. But even the 7870 should even play those well.

Recommended for Dirt 3 is a Nvidia GTX 280 or AMD 4890.

From what ive seen, the 7870 is far above those, and the 7950 even further.
  2. simmons33 said:
    If you "Don't" plan on playing like THE most upcomming titles then the 7870 will be perfect.

Recommended for Dirt 3 is a Nvidia GTX 280 or AMD 4890.

From what ive seen, the 7870 is far above those, and the 7950 even further.

Im not much of a gamer but im probably goong to resell this new build and i wanna make the most out of it
  3. Personally I would go the extra $70 and get a 7950, this thing is a beast! And if you overclock it the amount of performance you can pull out of the card is worth the extra.
  4. Well, It never hurts to have an even more "Balls to the wall" GPU :D
  5. Vxshifter said:
    Personally I would go the extra $70 and get a 7950, this thing is a beast! And if you overclock it the amount of performance you can pull out of the card is worth the extra.

Even if im not going to keep it for q long time
  6. Hard to say. Tech goes down in value over time. Spend more money now, Get a higher sell price in the future, or vice versa
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming AMD Monitors Graphics Product