New gaming PC

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 30, 2013 9:38:44 AM

Hi all

I am looking for a new gaming pc. I mainly play rts (like SC2) and things like skyrim, D3. It's been ages since my last gaming pc. I was wondering if the PC on the link below are any good.

http://www.box.co.uk/products/cat/Computing~B~Computers...

I've never been that great when it comes to building my own PC and I am so out of date with all the new stuff. So I was thinking of just getting something like these pre built systems.

I was only thinking about spending around £600. Would it be worth spending the extra and going for the £699. I like the Nvidia case that comes with the £699 and the SATA hard drive dock that is built in the top of the case seems like it would be useful.

So I guess my question is the extra hard drive, case, graphics card and i5 worth the extra.

thanks

More about : gaming

January 30, 2013 9:58:39 AM

the 699 is the one to go for if you are choosing from that list.

It comes with an i5 Processor which is a lot better than the i3 which comes on the others for gaming

Video card on it will be able to play many games on ultra

you could get more if you build yourself. but from those choices the i5 is minimum for gaming (if you want to have a smooth experience, i3 is a little weak but doesnt mean it cant play games... just not that good for gaming)
January 30, 2013 10:03:14 AM

Thanks gussrtk

I have bought a laptop from this company before. So it was kinda the first place I have looked.

Is there anywhere else you would recommend?
Related resources
January 30, 2013 11:33:00 AM

My friend agrees with you and says I would be able to get this cheaper if I built it myself. I have just had a look on ebuyers website and it seems like it will cost me more?
February 3, 2013 11:03:05 AM

tommyducker19 said:
My friend agrees with you and says I would be able to get this cheaper if I built it myself. I have just had a look on ebuyers website and it seems like it will cost me more?

here, you should use this website and select the parts you wish to have, if you are having trouble, list your max budget, your desire of what your computer should be.
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ - this website just chooses lowest price items (like from different websites, to assure that you get best price)

here is a guide 2minute guide that im going to write out for you

-AMD stuff is cheaper, budget wise but does not perform on par with intel (although still good for price you pay)
-i5 is great for games, no need for i7. there are variations of i5, 3570 (if get with a "k" then overclockable) is top and there is also 3450(dont believe this one overclocks at all there are no unlocked chips from what i saw) which is around 40$ cheaper but a good simple i5 chip if tight on budget
-660ti video card will play most new games on ultra. a 7870 radeon (amd) is also good but not as good as 660ti. [asus 660ti will be good if no overclocking, evga is good. if you go with 7870 then take gigabyte or sapphire brand]
-8gm ram is plenty, no need to buy higher than 1600mhz (but get 1600)
-psu.... Seasonic, Corsair (has some builder line of psu which are cheaper), i got a coolermaster for my old gaming computer, it works great... but ppl dont seem to like it. when you select on pcpartspicker there will be a rating as well so you can use that a little as a guide. If you have only single GPU then for that setup you dont need more than 600watt

good luck :) 
!