Will a PSU Coolmax 600B be enough for EVGA GTX 560 ti 448 cores?

tudian

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hi and thank you for reading. I am waiting for an EVGA GTX 560 ti 448 cores, and according to its specifications it requires
"Minimum of a 550 Watt power supply. (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 38 Amps.)". My PSU is 600w max but 12V1 17A and 12V2 18A. I believe that's 35 A, which is less than 38A if I am correct, so will I be able to run the new video card with my current power supply? Any recommendations..Thank you very much for your response

Solution
D
Coolmax is junk. So even if it did have enough 12v amps listed I would not trust it to actually be able to deliver what it's rated at. You are correct in that it says it can supply 35 amps on the 12v rail making it a 450w power supply. At least that's how a quality power supply would be labeled.

So no don't try it. Get a quality unit from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silvestone, Enermax, OCZ, Antec or Rosewill.
D

Deleted member 217926

Coolmax is junk. So even if it did have enough 12v amps listed I would not trust it to actually be able to deliver what it's rated at. You are correct in that it says it can supply 35 amps on the 12v rail making it a 450w power supply. At least that's how a quality power supply would be labeled.

So no don't try it. Get a quality unit from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silvestone, Enermax, OCZ, Antec or Rosewill.

Solution

tudian

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

Thank you very much for your response.

TRENDING THREADS