Closed Solved

Cheapest Graphics Card that can play Battle Field 3 at medium settings

Well I am building my first budget PC

Processor:
Intel Core i3-3220 3.30 Ghz Processor Rs. 7377

RAM: 4GB

But I haven't thought of any graphics card

The card should be able to play BF3 at medium settings.

I live in India and would prefer flipkart.com for prices.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cheapest graphics card play battle field medium settings
  1. Assuming you're playing at 1080p, my recommendations would be:

Radeon HD7850 1GB>GTX650ti>HD7770

in terms of price and performance. They should all handle BF3 medium (the 7850 1GB could probably go ultra without AA) easily. Take your pick.
  2. The processor already has some on board graphics : Intel HD Graphics 2500

Also I am a budget builder, and I wont spend more than Rs. 5000 on a graphics card.
    Please take in to consideration.
  3. What's the resolution?

I'll just say this though, any cards lower than an HD7750 or GTX650 I wouldn't recommend them at all for gaming. Okay, maybe the HD6670 is the cheapest card I recommend but that's it. Fortunately, flipkart has some 6670 around Rs. 5000. That's the best card you can get.
  4. 20 Inch Monitor.
    1600 * 900 max resolution.

Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card Rs. 4864
    http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-radeon-hd-6670-1-gb-ddr3-graphics-card/p/itmd4f6shhvfzhum?pid=GRCD4F6RWVCTDGQW&ref=856e2e3f-8f46-4369-a51f-88c22b4d10bb

Would it be able to play BF3 at medium settings.

Also what is the difference between DDR5 (seen first time on flipkart) and DDR3
  5. Best answer
    madthomas said:
    The processor already has some on board graphics : Intel HD Graphics 2500

Not worth using, and certainly not capable of playing BF3 on medium. Not even capable of playing it on low, really.

Quote:
    Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card Rs. 4864
    http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-a [...] c22b4d10bb

Would it be able to play BF3 at medium settings.

Yes, and fairly smoothly too. I'd expect 30-40 FPS at your resolution on medium in BF3.

Quote:
    Also what is the difference between DDR5 (seen first time on flipkart) and DDR3

GDDR5 is faster, but it's not going to make a huge impact on low end cards at low resolutions. Get the GDDR5 version if you can, but if not, don't worry about it.
  6. The GDDR5 version is faster. It has double the memory bandwidth although it's harder to find nowadays.

You can probably go medium without any form of anti-aliasing. Even so, if the performance dips to 20s fps too much, you'll have to lower them more.
  7. Best answer selected by madthomas.
  8. I believe BF3 is more demanding than GW2, and the latter is playable on mostly LOW settings at 1600x900 with a GDDR5 version of the HD6670. If you want Medium, I think you will be disappointed with anything less than a HD7750, also GDDR5.
  9. I cannot spend more than Rs.5000
    Moreover if the game can run on low settings at 1024*720, it is ok for me

Where budget is a issue compromise is essential!
    Thanks for your advice :)
  10. Onus said:
    If you want Medium, I think you will be disappointed with anything less than a HD7750, also GDDR5.

Benchmarks disagree.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/613

Also, I did some research and you're really going to want to try to find a GDDR5 6670 if you can. There were differences beyond the type of VRAM used, and the GDDR5 version has a larger advantage than what you'd expect at first glance. You'll get probably 5-10 FPS more out of the GDDR5 version than the DDR3 one.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Graphics Cards Processors Systems