Graphics card overheating solutions

amii

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hello,i have a gts 250 graphics card and while playing call of duty 4 modern warfare it reaches a temp of 72-74c.......that doesnt creates any problems......but slight interruptions in the game......it starts jerking.....and its really annoying......the same problem was with my processor but i installed a cooler master hyper 212 evo cpu cooler and now while playing games its temp is 62c and most of the time below 60c......i dont have any extra fans in my case......no more space to install any......can anyone suggest me any ideas how to get that graphics card temps down plzz.....

amii

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
i chck the temps using speccy program.......i hav no external gpu fans applied.......jst the single stock fan......only the problem is the game is not running smoothly as before.....as soon as the temps reach 65c and above......the game starts to hang a bit

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
It doesn't mean that your temps are causing issues,it can also be that the last time you played the game,your pc was more healthy or your hard disk was mostly empty or you now have more tasks,programs running in your background,whether the system is malware infected,etc.
Try some maintenance on your pc and play the game again.

amii

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
jst installed call of duty modern warfare 2......n i hav set the max fan speeds using speedfan app.......the cpu temp max is 52c while gpu temp is reaching 78c......speedfan app is jst showing option for one fan......i.e cpu fan......no option for gpu fan......bt this game is working fine with no interruptions.......guess call of duty 4 has some bug issues......