Question about sapphire 7950

So I got a sapphire 7950 vapor x OC edition

1. It has a dual bios, what does that mean and what does it to and how to i enable it
2.How do I enable the OC because at moment its running on stock
8 answers Last reply
More about question sapphire 7950
  1. When I try to overclock it in CCC, all games crash
  2. K1ash3r said:
    When I try to overclock it in CCC, all games crash


    That means you are overclocking it too much. Dual BIOS means that if you somehow screw up the card BIOS, you can use the other one to restore your card back to normal.
  3. samuelspark said:
    That means you are overclocking it too much. Dual BIOS means that if you somehow screw up the card BIOS, you can use the other one to restore your card back to normal.


    I did what this person did
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/368476-15-sapphire-7950-overclocking

    and my games crash
  4. The button located near the CrossFire connectors switches between two BIOSes on the card. On other HD 7900 Series cards, this dual BIOS feature only acts as a safeguard against problems during BIOS flashing. On the Sapphire Vapor-X, this feature has been extended to provide a BIOS that runs clocks beyond Sapphire's default clock for the HD 7950without any voltage changes, which will help keep power consumption in check.
  5. K1ash3r said:


    It's not stable then. You might need to increase voltage and all GPU's/CPU's are different. They all show different overclocking results.
  6. bigcyco1 said:
    The button located near the CrossFire connectors switches between two BIOSes on the card. On other HD 7900 Series cards, this dual BIOS feature only acts as a safeguard against problems during BIOS flashing. On the Sapphire Vapor-X, this feature has been extended to provide a BIOS that runs clocks beyond Sapphire's default clock for the HD 7950without any voltage changes, which will help keep power consumption in check.


    DO I press this Bios button when the computer is on or off
  7. OK looks Like I had to enable the Boost by pressing bios button, then I was able to overclock more
  8. Lol!Yes so it's working now
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Sapphire Dual Bios Graphics