Sign in with
Your question

Question about sapphire 7950

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2012 1:37:31 PM

So I got a sapphire 7950 vapor x OC edition

1. It has a dual bios, what does that mean and what does it to and how to i enable it
2.How do I enable the OC because at moment its running on stock

More about : question sapphire 7950

December 15, 2012 2:41:06 PM

When I try to overclock it in CCC, all games crash
December 15, 2012 2:45:03 PM

K1ash3r said:
When I try to overclock it in CCC, all games crash

That means you are overclocking it too much. Dual BIOS means that if you somehow screw up the card BIOS, you can use the other one to restore your card back to normal.
Related resources
December 15, 2012 2:48:25 PM

samuelspark said:
That means you are overclocking it too much. Dual BIOS means that if you somehow screw up the card BIOS, you can use the other one to restore your card back to normal.

I did what this person did
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/368476-15-sapphire-...

and my games crash

December 15, 2012 2:51:10 PM

The button located near the CrossFire connectors switches between two BIOSes on the card. On other HD 7900 Series cards, this dual BIOS feature only acts as a safeguard against problems during BIOS flashing. On the Sapphire Vapor-X, this feature has been extended to provide a BIOS that runs clocks beyond Sapphire's default clock for the HD 7950without any voltage changes, which will help keep power consumption in check.
December 15, 2012 3:10:57 PM

bigcyco1 said:
The button located near the CrossFire connectors switches between two BIOSes on the card. On other HD 7900 Series cards, this dual BIOS feature only acts as a safeguard against problems during BIOS flashing. On the Sapphire Vapor-X, this feature has been extended to provide a BIOS that runs clocks beyond Sapphire's default clock for the HD 7950without any voltage changes, which will help keep power consumption in check.

DO I press this Bios button when the computer is on or off
December 15, 2012 4:02:59 PM

OK looks Like I had to enable the Boost by pressing bios button, then I was able to overclock more
December 15, 2012 4:20:34 PM

Lol!Yes so it's working now
!