Closed

windows Xp, roadrunner, and Runescape

February 11, 2005 1:23:05 AM

ok, first, i've played runescape with my old system and never ran into this
problem. I just bought a new system that runs windows XP home, and had its
own ethernet card installed. I use RoadRunner(cable) to connect to the net.
at my amazement, i didnt even have to set it up, the computer did it for me.
any ways i get an error message saying: local area connection - a network
cable is unplugged. I havent touched anything. when I goto play runescape, it
connects, video,speed,sound,etc ... everything is working. here is the
concern, as soon as I log into the game, and start to move around. Instead of
the graphics being fluidic, they are very jumpy. its like im having to see
each frame in its entirity, instead of it being a continuous flow. At first,
I thought it was lag, so i went to a different server, no change. then I
thought maybe its just too busy, i try again later, no help.
so i used the troubleshooting guide at www.runescape.com, i followed every
step and still no change. The very first time i played runescape on my new
system, everything was smooth, fast, and crystal clear. But now for some
reason its chaos to play runescape, not only is it jumpy, but i have been
getting disconnected from the server at least 5 times each day. I really dont
wanna restore this computer, especially since its not even a week out of the
box.
Any suggestions?
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:08:04 AM

my username on runescape is metroid40

"David" wrote:

> ok, first, i've played runescape with my old system and never ran into this
> problem. I just bought a new system that runs windows XP home, and had its
> own ethernet card installed. I use RoadRunner(cable) to connect to the net.
> at my amazement, i didnt even have to set it up, the computer did it for me.
> any ways i get an error message saying: local area connection - a network
> cable is unplugged. I havent touched anything. when I goto play runescape, it
> connects, video,speed,sound,etc ... everything is working. here is the
> concern, as soon as I log into the game, and start to move around. Instead of
> the graphics being fluidic, they are very jumpy. its like im having to see
> each frame in its entirity, instead of it being a continuous flow. At first,
> I thought it was lag, so i went to a different server, no change. then I
> thought maybe its just too busy, i try again later, no help.
> so i used the troubleshooting guide at www.runescape.com, i followed every
> step and still no change. The very first time i played runescape on my new
> system, everything was smooth, fast, and crystal clear. But now for some
> reason its chaos to play runescape, not only is it jumpy, but i have been
> getting disconnected from the server at least 5 times each day. I really dont
> wanna restore this computer, especially since its not even a week out of the
> box.
> Any suggestions?

Anonymous
June 17, 2010 5:52:08 PM

the system you have isn't a problem it just a defect in the roadrunner connection, trust me i have had roadrunner, you jsut need a new internet connection
June 17, 2010 6:59:07 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!