How Do I Eyefinity? Rotation on a 3x2

gothen1234

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Hello.

I have a current setup of 3x AOC F22 setup in 3x1 eyefinity.

The Monitors have this silly *** sticking out of the bottom instead of a stand, then they just kind of lean on this nob shaped bit of plastic.

Just google AOC F22 to see what I'm on about or see the image below, anyway.

I have them on a big stand which can hold up to 6 monitors in a 3x2 eyefinity display group, because the monitors have that stupid bit when I got another 3 AOC F22's to go on top they'd be about 3-4 inches above the other 3.

MY QUESTION:

If I bought another 3 AOC F22's to go with the original 3 could I attach them upside down so there is just a normal bezel then have half of the monitors in the 6x2 display group (the top 3) run in a flipped landscape so it still creates 1 image split on to all 6 monitors?

-I've though about using a different type of monitor but the bezels would be a different size, I don't want gaps between the monitors. Also, the thickness would be different so the monitor would be further back than the original 3.
-Sorry to make it even more complex but as my 5850 only has 3 useable eyefinity ports I need to get a second 5850, so if this is possible is it also possible in crossfire of 2 5850's?

I made a quick sketch in paint so you can get a general idea of what I'm on about, despite the top row being rotated image is displayed as normal "TEST".
I've looked on the OSD and there is no option to rotate it like that :(

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Yes it should be possible to flip the top three, set them to landscaped (flipped), and then SLS eyefinity them.

Here's your problem though ...

#1 When in crossfire, all monitors must be attached to the primary card for eyefinity to work.

#2 You can split the DP signal to accommodate the other 4 monitors with a DP 1.2 MST Hub. However I do not believe that technology has been released yet. So unless your card has 6 mini-dp or dp slots on it (or the second one you buy does), I do not believe 6 monitors is possible yet, at least not through eyefinity.

gothen1234

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

So say that I was to get an eyefinity 6 5870 and then crossfire it with my 5850 as all 6 monitors are plugged into the 5870 this would then work?