Turn off the graphic card fan

gianvito

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Hi all,
there exists a tool which allows me to turn completely off the graphic card fan?

In the past, I had a graphic card (Sapphire 4870 Vapor X), which automatically goes to "passive mode" when in idle.
If there is not any tool for doing this (I currently have a GTX460), do you know any graphic card that natively has this behaviour in the range of AMD 7850/7870? I think it's a matter of BIOS settings, according to the install cooling system...

Thank you..

you cant on the newer nvidia cards unless you change the bios settings of the card. most of them are hard coded for 30-40 percent fan speed at post.there are programs like msi after burner that you can set fan profile to adjust the card fan speed.

gianvito

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Mmm..what about AMD cards? I probably will sell my current card and buy a HD7850/7870..
Could I do this with them without modifying the bios?

Thank you

vileynye

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
The program Speedfan allows you to put your fan speed at theoretical zero. However, as smorizio has stated, many most if not all video cards will not allow you to do so as a failsafe to prevent you from burning out your GPU. I dunno, give it a shot.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php