Is this a good build?

G

I have two questions!!!

1. Does the motherboard include a soundcard?

2. Does the motherboard include the wireless network thingy?

GPU won't run BF3 on ultra at 1080 and the CPU is only dual core. BF3 beats up quad cores pretty bad so the dual core will further limit your performance.

The motherboard does have a soundcard.

Will need a wireless card or USB dongle (I wouldn't play FPS over wireless).

Aug 13, 2012
That build will for sure run BF3 at ultra 1920x1080 at decent framerates. The one you are originally planning to buy (and I hope you do not) will not even run BF3 well. In the build I suggested I actually gave you a decent graphics card. The CPU is also upgrade able to a i5 but it will not overclock due to the H77 chipset. This is a budget build so don't expect miracles. I have a friend that plays all their games (strategy to fps) over wireless and I don't see a difference...

g-unit1111

Titan
I have two questions!!!

1. Does the motherboard include a soundcard?

2. Does the motherboard include the wireless network thingy?

1. Yes.

2. No. You will need to buy that separately.

That build will for sure run BF3 at ultra 1920x1080 at decent framerates. The one you are originally planning to buy (and I hope you do not) will not even run BF3 well. In the build I suggested I actually gave you a decent graphics card. The CPU is also upgrade able to a i5 but it will not overclock due to the H77 chipset. This is a budget build so don't expect miracles. I have a friend that plays all their games (strategy to fps) over wireless and I don't see a difference...

Dual core will barely be able to handle BF3, you'll need minimum a quad core.

g-unit1111

Titan

They used a 7970 to achieve those numbers, I doubt that will fit in an £450 budget.

G

You forgot to include RAM.

G

Is this a better setup?

Asrock 1155 h61m-dg3/usb3 m-atx
Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor
Ram 8gb ddr3 1333mhz
Evga 2gb geforce gtx660 ddr5 gfx card
Sata dvd rw dl
Seagate 500gb sata3 7200
Coolermaster elite 342
Xigmatek tauro 600w pau

Sorry for asking so much, but since this is my first PC in a long time I don't want to buy a piece of ***.

G

I really like this build but your forgot to include, as I mentioned, RAM.!!