Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

This or That? GTX 670 different manufacturers.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
December 15, 2012 7:45:40 PM

None of the above, gtx 680 ftw.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 7:50:24 PM

I asked about the best of those two 670s cards from different manufacturers not the best card ever. 690 beats the s**t out of 680 easily, so don't go off-topic please.
Score
0
Related resources
December 15, 2012 7:55:21 PM

The gigabyte one seems to have better cooling :) .

Try to get this one.
Score
0
December 15, 2012 7:59:57 PM

They have a diferent type of blowing.

EVGA's sucks air through one side, sends it over the components and the blows it out of the case.

Gigabyte's takes the air around and cools the components but also releases the heat inside your case.

If you have bad airflow in your case go with EVGA's if not then go for Gigabyte's; you'll have better overall temperatures then.

I have that Gigabyte and I love it. It was selected best Gtx670 by Tom's hardware. Look it up!
Score
0
December 15, 2012 8:01:50 PM

hotpotato said:
They have a diferent type of blowing.

EVGA's sucks air through one side, sends it over the components and the blows it out of the case.

Gigabyte's takes the air around and cools the components but also releases the heat inside your case.

If you have bad airflow in your case go with EVGA's if not then go for Gigabyte's; you'll have better overall temperatures then.

I have that Gigabyte and I love it. It was selected best Gtx670 by Tom's hardware. Look it up!

That's not very correct. If the cooler actually cools the GPU then its creating cold air inside the case, which is good. My 7970 cools everything in my case :) .
Score
0
December 15, 2012 8:39:25 PM

melikepie said:
That's not very correct. If the cooler actually cools the GPU then its creating cold air inside the case, which is good. My 7970 cools everything in my case :) .


I believe you mean by "creating" cold air that the card creates better negative pressure inside the case. Which is true.

As for which type is better, I would recommend you check this article to which I previously refered to :

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-tes...

Of course I am only refering to the temperature of the GPU and not of the other components of the computer.
Score
0

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 8:42:53 PM

Two things to keep in mind... firstly, EVGA's warranties and after-sales. In the UK, you get three years as standard, extended to five or ten years if you register your details within 30 days of purchase. Gigabyte also offer three years, but that's from date of manufacture, not date of purchase.

Some Gigabyte hardware is also prone to coil whine. My Gigabyte motherboard gets it pretty bad, and I've seen a lot of posts in the forums about coil whine on Gigabyte graphics cards. That said, I've never had a Gigabyte board fail on me.

Finally, ignore that GTX680 comment :-) ~6% gain is not worth that price premium.
Share
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 9:18:03 PM

sam_p_lay said:
Two things to keep in mind... firstly, EVGA's warranties and after-sales. In the UK, you get three years as standard, extended to five or ten years if you register your details within 30 days of purchase. Gigabyte also offer three years, but that's from date of manufacture, not date of purchase.

Some Gigabyte hardware is also prone to coil whine. My Gigabyte motherboard gets it pretty bad, and I've seen a lot of posts in the forums about coil whine on Gigabyte graphics cards. That said, I've never had a Gigabyte board fail on me.


Neither do I. I had Gigabyte GTX 550ti 3 years ago and its still working like charm and the same goes for the Z68x Gigabyte board. And I don't live in UK, I am ordering the stuff from UK so I guess the Warranty thing is in vain.
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 9:26:43 PM

Commandermadi said:
Neither do I. I had Gigabyte GTX 550ti 3 years ago and its still working like charm and the same goes for the Z68x Gigabyte board. And I don't live in UK, I am ordering the stuff from UK so I guess the Warranty thing is in vain.


I'm not sure about the legal side of that to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised at all though if that warranty is standard across Europe. You'd handle returns through the retailer anyway, and Scan shouldn't have any issue with your location. Why not order from your own country and save on shipping?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 9:46:39 PM

sam_p_lay said:
I'm not sure about the legal side of that to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised at all though if that warranty is standard across Europe. You'd handle returns through the retailer anyway, and Scan shouldn't have any issue with your location. Why not order from your own country and save on shipping?


I wish I can but these cards are very expensive in my country even more than ordering a one with shipping costs.
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a c 185 U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 10:01:16 PM

I would flip a coin heads EVGA tales Gigabyte.The fact of the matter is both are great cards and neither is a sufficient amount better then the other.Hope this helps!Good luck!
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 8:25:06 AM

Sounds like you're doing the smart thing then :-) If enough people in your country do it, it might force your own retailers to start offering more competitive prices. Where are you from by the way? Anyway like I said, I'm pretty sure there won't be an issue with the warranty since it will be handled via Scan (or whichever retailer you buy from). Most manufacturers don't deal with RMAs directly any more (at least in the UK).
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 11:16:35 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Sounds like you're doing the smart thing then :-) If enough people in your country do it, it might force your own retailers to start offering more competitive prices. Where are you from by the way?


Well actually most of people in my country like to purchase from local stores but they don't tend to get cards that play stuff on ultra and high resolution. For instance, they would definitely go with GTX 550ti or GTX 650 rather than going with GTX 570 or GTX 670 because as I said, they care only to get cards that make games "Playable" no matter what are the graphics quality of the game. Like for me, I used to have GTX 550 ti and I could play BF3 on medium and low smoothly. And I am from Egypt, middle east :) 

sam_p_lay said:
Anyway like I said, I'm pretty sure there won't be an issue with the warranty since it will be handled via Scan (or whichever retailer you buy from). Most manufacturers don't deal with RMAs directly any more (at least in the UK).


Scan sadly don't ship outside UK. So I am making the order from Amazon.co.uk
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 11:23:38 AM

That's unfortunate, Scan are pretty awesome. Shipping to Egypt would a long way for them though! I'm not sure about international shipping, but they're worth checking to see if they do:

dabs.com
ebuyer.com
novatech.co.uk
aria.co.uk

All have really excellent prices, and Dabs are especially good for great prices on graphics cards.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 6:17:21 PM

Ok guys I have an update on that. I heard that the Gigabyte version is not good for SLI or may not be applicable on my Gigabyte Z77x UD3H board. And I am thinking of going SLI in the future may be. So what do you think is better? The EVGA FTW one or the Asus DC II Top?

And one more thing, is it a good choice to SLI in the future to be able to play new games at a good framerate or its better to go for a single card that is able to max it out?
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 6:45:24 PM

How are the warranties in Egypt? If you want something to last a while, it might be worth looking into. Here, EVGA give much better warranties. SLI is excellent in terms of value (adding to your existing hardware rather than replacing it and buying the 2nd at reduced cost) but tends to deliver less consistent performance. If you do want to SLI, just be sure there's more than one slot separating two the two slots you'd be using for graphics.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 6:55:25 PM

sam_p_lay said:
How are the warranties in Egypt? If you want something to last a while, it might be worth looking into. Here, EVGA give much better warranties. SLI is excellent in terms of value (adding to your existing hardware rather than replacing it and buying the 2nd at reduced cost) but tends to deliver less consistent performance. If you do want to SLI, just be sure there's more than one slot separating two the two slots you'd be using for graphics.


Egypt got warranties? You must be new here... Actually I don't know if the official stores here in Egypt will offer warranty for a product purchased from abroad and I don't care about the warranty to be honest.

Considering the SLI issue, my MoBo got more than one slot separating between the two slots, but I asked if the ASUS Direct CU2 Top will be of a better performance when in SLI or the EVGA FTW one?

If getting a new single card is better for future titles like in 2 or 3 years, I will be replacing it easily if you think its a better option and I will go with the Gigabyte one at that case because it got 3 fans and its the best out of them IMO.
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 8:16:35 PM

Not enough difference that you'd be able to tell without a framerate counter. Gigabyte are good, except a lot of people get coil whine from their cards. I have a Gigabyte motherboard, and it gets it pretty bad sometimes.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 8:22:22 PM

Hmmm, I made my choice final for the ASUS Direct CU2.. But I don't know how much different is it from TOP edition? Clock speed only? Or better cooling or what?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
December 22, 2012 6:16:25 PM

Best answer selected by Commandermadi.
Score
0
!