Toosk

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hello! This is my first time building a tower, and I'm anxious to build it. I'd like to know: if everything is compatible, if there are more cost-effective parts, some building advice, does my mobo selection have onboard audio and if there are any bottlenecks with my choices.

CPU:Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
RAM: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

I'm planning on buying the parts in about 2-4 days, but that depends on the feedback I receive here. I won't go out and pay a bunch of money without double-checking first. :)

Budget: 1000-1200ish after shipping--prefer Newegg I'm planning on an overall budget of 1500, but the 300 dollars is for needed accessories.
Preferred Site: Newegg--will listen to other suggestions
Parts Preferences: Intel CPU and Nvidia Card-- I have had bad experiences with ATI-- no ATI
Overclocking: I'd prefer to be able to have that done in the future. I think my choices are OC friendly, but I'm the noob here so that means you tell me if they're OC friendly.
SLI: Maybe
Purpose: Gaming, all new games
I don't need a monitor

I'm upgrading because my 5 year old Compaq Presario doesn't cut it for gaming. I used to do PVP in WoW on dial up with my old computer.
I've upgraded everything but my tower.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AciR

Solution
There's several thing wrong there, there's better keyboards for less, also other stuff, like the single channel ram.
This includes a ssd, 1TB hdd, modular seasonic psu, a better 670 gtx, proper dual channel ram, cheaper full tower case, it's a good one.
My suggestion : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Axdr
@OP, nothing to freak out. There's nothing wrong I see except for the RAM, get a 8GB Kit (2*4GB) Kingston HyperX or G.SKILL Ripjaws or Corsair vengeance or any other are top quality picks.

HDD is up to your data work and your preference, SSD is a must actually nowadays you'll be impressed by it's performance, the PSU is one of the best too, but Modular PSUs are better for air flow and cable management, though I see no difference going with this one as you'll be using almost all the cables, modular PSUs looks kinda "elegant". The EVGA is a great one but get a non-reference design card as it will be a lot cooler and quieter, for eg; Gigabyte GTX 670 Windofrce 3X. The Case is excellent.

Toosk

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
I've read about those two versions of the 670, and the EVGA has gotten more complimentary comments than the Gigabyte. Do you have a link to Benchmarks for those two cards?

Also, is there any game performance increase with a SSD or is it just lessened boot time?

That case is only 20 dollars cheaper. That discount ends tonight, and I'm far from ready to order.

I thought that Kingston stick was dual channel. My bad o_O

Thank you for the Sidewinder suggestion. I'll have to research it a bit, but I will probably switch to it.

The gigabyte has a better cooling system, not because it's better in terms of performance, performance wise both will be about the same, both have the 680 gtx pcb.
The ssd will improve the boot times, response of the os, and improve the loading of maps and other stuff in games.
Yes, there are other cases too, like the fractal design define R4, Antec Eleven Hundred, the nzxt phantom 410.