Sign in with
Your question

New Graphics Card needed HELP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2012 8:55:15 PM

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase a new graphics card. I'm upgrading my PC over winter..

So far I have ordered the following:

i7 3.1ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z77
Intel 180GB SSD HD
8GB 1600mhz RAM

Right now I'm running an 8800 GTS 512mb, bought this card around 2008. Running from a 450W Corsair PSU. I wasn't going to upgrade the card, but a few people have mentioned it would be for the best.

I have a budget of around £100.

Here's the tricky bit..

I've been running 3 monitors with my 8800 GTS and an old dell low profile card for the additional third monitor. I also use my TV for streaming movies on etc. My current mobo doesn't have a HDMI output, but this new one I ordered does.

Can anyone advise on the best graphics card, at the best price to still keep my setup?

Kind Regards,

Stu

More about : graphics card needed

a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 9:16:03 PM

an hd 7770 is for around 100.
by the way do u use it for gaming? or just multimonitor?
December 15, 2012 9:27:19 PM

dheeraj9933 said:
an hd 7770 is for around 100.
by the way do u use it for gaming? or just multimonitor?

I rarely game any more. It's mostly for using applications like Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 9:48:06 PM

You should go with Nvidia then. Something from the 4 or 5 series as they are the fastest for the money in Adobe apps. This one fits easily into your budget, but it will only run two monitors, you have to bump to the 6 series for that. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... You could use your onboard vga for the third (TV). Currently my main two screens run off of my 570 and my third runs off of my 3770k. Works great.
December 15, 2012 10:02:40 PM

maestro0428 said:
You should go with Nvidia then. Something from the 4 or 5 series as they are the fastest for the money in Adobe apps. This one fits easily into your budget, but it will only run two monitors, you have to bump to the 6 series for that. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... You could use your onboard vga for the third (TV). Currently my main two screens run off of my 570 and my third runs off of my 3770k. Works great.

Cheers, I think I'm going to stick with NVIDIA. However, not sure if I've being clear. I'm running 3 PC monitors and an additional 4th (Television) via HDMI for watching movies etc (only time it's on).

Would a GTX 650 be suitable for this?

Problem is 2 monitors use VGA (currently using a converter on the 8800 GTS) and 1 DVI.
!