Sign in with
Your question

Hi, I'm looking for a new graphics card.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2012 9:17:17 PM

I'm looking for a new graphics card that is compatible with my PC and is at least under £50

Preferably I would like to have Radeon cards but any will do :) 

The graphics card I'm using at the moment is ATI Radeon HD 2400
Processor: Core 2 Duo E4500
Memory: 3GB
Hard Drive: 320GB
Power supply: 300W
Motherboard: P5LP-LE (Leonite2)

Here is more info on my PC:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

I would really appreciate it, Thank you :) 

PS: The reason I have this thread because the last time I tried to get a new graphics card (Radeon HD 5450) The monitor didn't work.

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 9:21:05 PM

What are you looking to do that you need a better GPU? I'd say something along a 6570 would be within your budget.
December 15, 2012 9:22:22 PM

andrewcarr said:
What are you looking to do that you need a better GPU? I'd say something along a 6570 would be within your budget.

Primarily just to play games at a better FPS
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 9:30:41 PM

Well I don't know what games you're playing but both the card I'm recommending and the one you have a very insufficient. The lowest I'd say is acceptable to play games on at all is the 6670 with GDDR5 memory, not the DDR3 version.
December 15, 2012 9:36:52 PM

andrewcarr said:
Well I don't know what games you're playing but both the card I'm recommending and the one you have a very insufficient. The lowest I'd say is acceptable to play games on at all is the 6670 with GDDR5 memory, not the DDR3 version.

Will this work with my PC? Because the last time I tried to install a graphics card (VTX3D Radeon HD 5450), the monitor had no signal, the PC booted up because I could hear all the fans running. When I put the old graphics card in, the monitor started to work again.
!