Sign in with
Your question

Fan on Visiontek 7850 not working (whole thing probably isn't working)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2012 9:18:47 PM

Hello, I'm a first time PC builder so I don't know much. I got everything connected and hooked up, but when I tried to boot, the video card didn't seem to be working. The fan was not on and the monitor had no signal while the CPU fan, 2 system fans, DVD drive, and hard drive all started working.

I took out and put back in the PCI power from the PSU, took the card out of the PCIE slot and put it back in. Nothing worked. Then I switched the card to the other PCI express slot and again nothing happened.

So now what? I don't have another computer with a PCIE slot. Anything else I can do?

Case: CM Haf 912 (2 stock fans)
CPU: AMD Fx-6300
Heatsink/fan: CM 212+
GPU: Visiontek Radeon HD 7850
Memory: 8gb gskills ripjaws 1600
MB: Gigabyte 970a D3
PSU: Corsair CX500

More about : fan visiontek 7850 working thing working

December 15, 2012 9:46:33 PM

CBF- said:
Hello, I'm a first time PC builder so I don't know much. I got everything connected and hooked up, but when I tried to boot, the video card didn't seem to be working. The fan was not on and the monitor had no signal while the CPU fan, 2 system fans, DVD drive, and hard drive all started working.

I took out and put back in the PCI power from the PSU, took the card out of the PCIE slot and put it back in. Nothing worked. Then I switched the card to the other PCI express slot and again nothing happened.

So now what? I don't have another computer with a PCIE slot. Anything else I can do?

only thing I can think of that may actually be your system at fault is if your
psu isnt powerful enough... but I highly doubt that...

honestly by the sounds of it your in need of sending the card back...
not knowing where you purchased it im not sure if its better you send it back to the store

or to visiontek, but having sent cards back to visiontek directly in the past... its actually
pretty quick (compared to sapphire/xfx and his) so if you end up resorting to sending
it to them you shouldnt have to wait "tooo" long:p 
m
l
December 15, 2012 10:18:05 PM

I have a Corsair CX500 which should be enough.

Now I have an even bigger problem. I realized that I need to use the y-split molex to 6 pin adapter and not the 6 pin that came with the PSU. So I did that and nothing works now. Did I break everything?

Edit: To clarify, the fans, which were spinning before, are all now spinning once slowly, stopping, then spinning slowly again, and this happens again and again (the video card fan is doing this as well). The LED at the front of the case is blinking if that means anything.
m
l
December 16, 2012 3:37:07 PM

Well, I went to sleep and tried again today. I used the 6pin from the PSU and again nothing happened. The GPU fan spins, stops, spins stops, again and again. The PSU fan isn't even working now.
m
l
!