Sapphire 7950 Temperature question

freshbuilder

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Okay so recently I just checked my temps and I'm hitting 65-70. What bothers me is that the range used to be somewhere between 45-55 something.

Should I be worried?

freshbuilder

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
What I find puzzling is that even when I'm not under load temps are that high. When I look at stuff using catalyst or Trixx it tells me activity is at 80% something for catalyst but on Trixx its 2-8% o_O

Huge discrepancy bothers me. This is while I'm just surfing the net while playing an HD vid. Still normal? Sorry just a bit paranoid, spent a lot on my rig.

freshbuilder

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Update: I noticed that this problem only occurs during the afternoon when its hot. I just checked and saw that temperatures shot to around as high as 70 even while its not really doing anything. I decided to just increase fan speed during the afternoons to keep temperatures stable at around 65. During night I get my regular temp. levels of around 50. But yeah never encountered this before I updated my driver. Either that or I just haven't been paying attention which makes pinning down the real issue difficult.