Sign in with
Your question

APU Replacing GPU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 15, 2012 11:32:35 PM

Hey Guys. I think my APU is replacing my GPU. The APU is being used instead of my ATI Radeon HD 5450. I plugged my video cable into the GPU, and my DxDiag says that it's ATI Radeon HD 5400 series, but Chip type says A4-3400 integrated graphics chip, with 700 MB of Video Ram. My 5450 is an XFX with 1024 MB. It also doesn't perform as it should on games. I also can't install Catalyst Control Center. I've tried and it keeps staying as AMD Vision Engine Control Center. Isn't that for integrated ATI cards? Please tell me if I'm wrong, or try and help me if I'm right. Also I can't switch it in BIOS, there is no option to change video display drivers or anything. Not even in AMD Vision Engine Control Center. Please help me if you can. Thanks guys!! :D  :D  :D 

More about : apu replacing gpu

December 16, 2012 2:03:39 PM

If your monitor is connected to your HD5450, then that is what's being used. I wouldn't worry too much about DxDiag says as it's probably confused as to why there are two separate graphic solutions, but only one discrete graphics card found.

AMD changed the name of Catalyst Control Center to AMD Vision Engine Control Center and no it's not just for integrated graphic solutions (had to check my HTPC with an HD4670 installed). They are the same program.

-Wolf sends
m
l
December 16, 2012 3:01:06 PM

Thanks a lot man. I was worried because I can't play games for ***. Thanks!
m
l
!