Sign in with
Your question

Are my 7970ghz cards broken?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2012 3:05:47 AM

I have 2 7970ghz edition cards, a 3570k and a 2560 1440 monitor and while running fraps (as well as msi afterburner after to assure it was not software malfunction) i noticed my fps in skyrim on ultra settings unmodded dropped to 44fps during the wagon ride at the beggining. It was not for a millisecond either it lasted a good 12 seconds. While playing the game I have had it drop to as low as 40 fps unmodded. On every single benchmark I have seen with a SINGLE 7970ghz card nobody has dropped below 60 fps at my resolution. Are my cards busted? What is going on? I have the latest display drivers and for that matter any other driver on my pc WTF?

More about : 7970ghz cards broken

December 16, 2012 3:22:55 PM

Buh buh buh buh BUMP!
m
l
December 16, 2012 3:37:22 PM

Check to ensure that crossfire is enabled. Also check to make sure that you are running the latest drivers and the latest CAPs Make sure that you don't have multiple installations of the CAPs...go into add/remove programs and check to see that you only have one program called application profiles. Use gpu-z to make sure that both cards are working and at the same clock and memory frequencies.

Once you do all of that, check to see if it is fixed. If that doesn't fix it, there are a few other things you can check.

Also, FYI, don't bump posts...moderators typically lock posts that are bumped. It's in the forum rules.
m
l
Related resources
a c 217 U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 3:40:07 PM

You may also want to try using MSI Afterburner to see your FPS. FRAPS has been known to cause FPS drops.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 3:44:04 PM

Skyrim is CPU bound.
m
l
December 16, 2012 4:35:46 PM

I used msi afterburner with the same results, a 3570k is more than enough for what skyrim can do, I checked in gpuz to make sure that crossifre is enabled as well as having the latest drivers installed. However what is caps?
m
l
!