Halo CE for Windows XP not working

An error comes up saying "You computers driver was not tested with this game.
A newer or more compatible version may be available. You must update your
driver."

Ive tried updating windows which is what my computers support told me to do
but it didnt help. If anyone knows anything please help me.
4 answers Last reply
More about halo windows working

    Update your graphics card drivers.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Gorgerwert" <Gorgerwert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > An error comes up saying "You computers driver was not tested with this
    > game.
    > A newer or more compatible version may be available. You must update your
    > driver."
    >
    > Ive tried updating windows which is what my computers support told me to
    > do
    > but it didnt help. If anyone knows anything please help me.

    "Gorgerwert" <Gorgerwert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > An error comes up saying "You computers driver was not tested with this
    > game.
    > A newer or more compatible version may be available. You must update your
    > driver."
    >
    > Ive tried updating windows which is what my computers support told me to
    > do
    > but it didnt help. If anyone knows anything please help me.

    In addition to what Chris said check out
    http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/drivers.php

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    I went to your website and it appeared very helpful but my parents would
    never let me delete any current existing driver on my computer to install the
    updated version. Thank you for the help though.

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > "Gorgerwert" <Gorgerwert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > An error comes up saying "You computers driver was not tested with this
    > > game.
    > > A newer or more compatible version may be available. You must update your
    > > driver."
    > >
    > > Ive tried updating windows which is what my computers support told me to
    > > do
    > > but it didnt help. If anyone knows anything please help me.
    >
    > In addition to what Chris said check out
    > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/drivers.php
    >
    > --
    > Paul Smith,
    > Yeovil, UK.
    > http://www.dasmirnov.net/
    > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
    >
    > *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Hi Gorgerwert,

    You should explain to your parents the need to update your driver:
    - The game will not work otherwise. Rolling back drivers is a built
    in feature of Windows XP and there is also a System restore feature.

    You already upgraded your DirectX to 9.0c which is a much more
    major upgrade than the Video drivers will be.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Gorgerwert" <Gorgerwert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF53A210-0BED-478E-AAF0-680DB5156E3E@microsoft.com...
    >I went to your website and it appeared very helpful but my parents would
    > never let me delete any current existing driver on my computer to install the
    > updated version. Thank you for the help though.
    >
    > "Paul Smith" wrote:
    >
    >> "Gorgerwert" <Gorgerwert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > An error comes up saying "You computers driver was not tested with this
    >> > game.
    >> > A newer or more compatible version may be available. You must update your
    >> > driver."
    >> >
    >> > Ive tried updating windows which is what my computers support told me to
    >> > do
    >> > but it didnt help. If anyone knows anything please help me.
    >>
    >> In addition to what Chris said check out
    >> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/drivers.php
    >>
    >> --
    >> Paul Smith,
    >> Yeovil, UK.
    >> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
    >> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
    >>
    >> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Computers Windows XP