Restore gateway nv53A without windows

mike4847

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hello,
I have a Gateway NV53A of my sons i just got it back from staples $130 for a restore to factory with the disk i made when it was new now when i start it windows open screen opens then it goes to start up repair i have ran that many time then it says cannot repair windows start up i have the restore disk but i cant get them to run with out windows open? When i got it i upgraded the ram from 4 to 8 i even changed that back have unplugged with battery out still does the same i am thinking i have a corrupt file please any ideals on restoring it with the disk i made i cant get them to run also when i got in back from staples they said it still had some windows updates that was needed ran everytime i turned it off it downloaded 60 to 80 updated thanks mike8917 at yahoo

1) never post your real name or e-mail on a public forum, as someone with nefarious purposes could now send you all sorts of annoying e-mail

2) You should have come to us before going to Staples :p As someone who worked (briefly) as an EMT (easy mobile tech) I can tell you that they do not know what they are doing, and do not retain intelligent life in that position for very long.

3) Staples ruined your machine, so Staples had better fix their mistake for free, or at least refund your money

4) To fix this:
Inset the restore CD
Press F1 or F2 (depending on model) to get into BIOS
In BIOS change the boot order to CD first
restart the computer
press the 'any key' to boot from CD when prompted
Let the restore CD run and do it's thing, and do whatever it tells you to do.
After it is finished reset the computer, remove the CD, and have it boot from the hard drive.
Perform all windows updates (looks like Win7, so there should not be too many updates for it)
Install antivirus (I like a combo of Malwarebytes with Microsoft Security Essentials, both are free and excellent)
Install programs
Make a new backup of your computer
Enjoy getting things back up and running again :)

If your restore CD does not work then call Gateway and they will sell you a CD set for ~$30

Best of luck!

If you want to make this readable, with some spacing and punctuation, you may get some responses. What exactly did staples do ? and What are you trying to restore back to ?

TRENDING THREADS