Sign in with
Your question

Computer boot up problems

Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2013 6:01:05 AM

Hello, I have had my computer for a year and a half now and never once had this problem. My computer will boot up to the second screen of "republic of gamers" and not do anything else. I have messed with the USB ports, etc. nothing seems to be working. It actually let me on my computer a couple of times but when I was on, everything went extremely slow and all applications I tried to run would eventually go "not responding". It all started after I downloaded hamachi but literally RIGHT after i downloaded it. Please help. All ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

More about : computer boot problems

January 31, 2013 6:13:24 AM

Rank3d said:
Hello, I have had my computer for a year and a half now and never once had this problem. My computer will boot up to the second screen of "republic of gamers" and not do anything else. I have messed with the USB ports, etc. nothing seems to be working. It actually let me on my computer a couple of times but when I was on, everything went extremely slow and all applications I tried to run would eventually go "not responding". It all started after I downloaded hamachi but literally RIGHT after i downloaded it. Please help. All ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

make sure your asus mb bios is up to date. there few bug fixes for video cards and usb devices. I would boot from a hirem boot cd and run anti virus scan and hdtune and vendor hd test. to me sounds like your hard drive has a bad controller and it hanging the system at post.
m
l
January 31, 2013 6:54:05 PM

I'm not sure if its the bios that needs updated or if it is from a HDD failure.
m
l
!