Sign in with
Your question

PC problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2012 8:32:11 AM

About five days ago i booted my PC up and i got a horrible looking green screen so i reset the PC but then it would no longer start up, just power on then turn back off.
So i messed around with various things and nothing worked until i booted with only one RAM stick, i then put the other ones back in one by one and it still worked fine for five days. Now this exact thing has just happened again, and again i did the ram stick thing until the PC booted again (Left one out as when it was in PC did not seem to boot) however when i plugged the monitor back in there was signal just no picture and occasionally it would flicker white or green(Same green texture as before), so i changed the cable connecting it to the PC and it displayed a picture again, i then tested the cable i just took out and it was working to.

Really don't know what is causing this as everything is working fine again now, if anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Card is GTX570

More about : problems

December 16, 2012 9:13:20 AM

It might be oyur RAM that is flauty, at least that what it sounds like. But it's hard to say with out your PC specs.
December 16, 2012 9:44:42 AM

My system specs are:

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5 2500 Quad Core 3.3GHz 6MB cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics

FAN:Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator

HDD:1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

MEMORY:8GB (4x2GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory Corsair Value

MOTHERBOARD:GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0,

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX570 1280MB 16X PCI Express

Power Supply: RX - 1000AE
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 10:08:14 AM

Memtest86 time?
!