Your question

Helpful Insight & Advice Needed for Upcoming Build:

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2013 6:40:22 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 to 3 months max.

Budget Range: $700 to $1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Video Production (Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Sony Vegas Pro 12), Music Production (Reason/FL "FruityLoops" Studio), & Connecting my PC with my 47" HDTV if I want at times.

Are you buying a monitor: No.

Parts to Upgrade: N/A.

Do you need to buy OS: No.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NewEgg, TigerDirect, & Amazon (in that order).

Parts Preferences: Intel, Asus, EVGA, CoolerMaster, ASRock, Corsair, Thermaltake, & G. Skill.

Overclocking: I don't want to say no, but I'd like the option available to me.

SLI or Crossfire: Again, possibly. I always like to have the option to do so if I want.

Additional Comments:

I'm soon to be in the market to build my first Gaming/Video Production computer. I'm a gamer at heart, so that's where my priorities are high at in this upcoming build. At the same time, I handle a lot of HD video files. I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and Sony Vegas Pro 12. I suppose I'd like to have the best of both worlds, in terms of using this build for gaming along with handling all my HD video files. I'm constantly rendering tons of videos, which is time consuming on the PC I'm using now, which is a friend's computer. I also use Adobe Photoshop CS6 a lot as well. On top of all that, I also create beats using FruityLoops and make my own music. I guess what I'm looking for is somewhat of an hybrid machine, that's capable of multitasking.

The type of games I tend to lean towards, will be in the mold of Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3, CoD: Black Ops II, and Assassins Creed III. Now in my budget of $700 to $1000, I'm being realistic in knowing I won't be able to run games at max settings and the highest of frame rates. However, I would appreciate input, opinions, and suggestions of creating a system that I could possibly upgrade in the future, if I'd like to reach those higher frame rates and max settings. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm an expert on computers or anything like that because I'm not. That's why I'm here and asking all of you. I tend to be a research hog, so to speak, so I like viewing all available options before throwing my hard earned cash on products.

I'd also like the option to connect my PC to my 47" Samsung 1080P HDTV as well. There's projects that I work on, usually in groups of people, and it's aggravating trying to get 10+ people hovered around my computer screen. That's why I want the option to hook my computer up to my TV when needed. I'm sure a lot of you are reading all of this and probably thinking I'm wanting a lot for such a smaller budget and it's possible that I'm asking for too much within those budget constraints. Although I'd never know unless I ask, right? There's a lot of forums out there, but I choose to come here because people seem to be very helpful and provide a lot of insight. I'm hoping that I'll gain a lot of valuable information from this post.

Things I DON'T need for my upcoming build:

I already have a case (Cooler Master HAF X), an OS (Windows 7), a monitor (23" AOC), a keyboard, and a mouse.

Again I'm NOT expecting anyone to pull a magic rabbit out of their hat and show me the greatest setup since sliced bread, considering everyone is going to have varying opinions. All I'm looking for is for you to provide me with your ideal setup that you believe would be good in my particular case. Along with a setup that I could upgrade as well in the future, if I can't afford certain components at the time of my initial build. Well this post has been long enough and if you're still here with me, I'd like to take this moment to thank you and I mean that sincerely. I know this has been a long-ish type of post but I wanted to be sure I talked about any and everything that I'm currently looking for. Thanks again and have a blessed day. :) 

More about : helpful insight advice needed upcoming build

January 31, 2013 7:09:44 AM

Top end of the budget but should be a good build for you. Good overclockable quad core, 7950 for gaming, 16gb RAM for video encoding, SSD for faster loads and a sound card in case your music production requires it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.01 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($107.95 @ Mac Connection)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ($26.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($21.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $959.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-31 04:09 EST-0500)
m
l
January 31, 2013 7:29:05 AM

mikerockett said:
Top end of the budget but should be a good build for you. Good overclockable quad core, 7950 for gaming, 16gb RAM for video encoding, SSD for faster loads and a sound card in case your music production requires it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.01 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($107.95 @ Mac Connection)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ($26.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($21.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $959.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-31 04:09 EST-0500)

The irony is I meant to mention that I would need a sound card as well, for the music production, and you thought of including that in this particular build. I'm going to look over each one of these parts. Thanks for the insight and the speed in which you replied to my post. :) 

If anyone else has any other builds to show me, feel free.
m
l
!