Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade from gtx 570 to 660 TI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2012 9:38:31 AM

Hello guys,
do you think it is worth upgrade my gxt 570 to 660 TI? It would cost me around $80. I saw couple of benchmarks so I'm aware that performance boost isn't stunning by any means...
I would like to know what do you think will be the selling price of these used cards in like a year or two, when I'll be taking more major upgrade to a new generation.

More about : upgrade gtx 570 660

a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 10:17:07 AM

Depends. I love getting any boost. Be it only a bit. Cant beat $80 I think. And the 660ti requires less power than your 570 so another +
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 1:55:54 PM

Yes I think its worth the 80$, gives you a boost, sucks up less power, performs better for 80$ I think yes, unless your tight on money

Based on these benchmarks the GTX 660ti is better then the 570
http://www.hwcompare.com/13162/geforce-gtx-570-vs-gefor...

Good Luck deciding
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 1:58:39 PM

Hold on dude. GTX 570 will be enough this year.
Think of getting the Next-Gen GPUs. Like GTX 700 & Radeon 8000.
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 2:00:26 PM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:
Hold on dude. GTX 570 will be enough this year.
Think of getting the Next-Gen GPUs. Like GTX 700 & Radeon 8000.

Yea but how expensive will that be...
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 2:02:31 PM

Michael31 said:

There might be the cheap ones too. Or then get GTX 660 Ti, its price will drop then.
December 16, 2012 3:45:04 PM

Michael31 said:

Well if there will be some reasonable leap, I'll upgrade my whole pc in like a year / year and a half. Or at least gpu if there won't be any major progress in cpu waters. So I think I'm going to buy gtx 7xx later anyway.

What I'm thinking about is what is more efficient solution for me... stick with the 570 till 7xx comes and sell it then, or switch 570 for 660 TI now and when 7xx comes sell the 660 TI.

Btw. I'm going to stick with Nvidia unless some big blow-out comes, because so far in my experience it runs my 3D modelling software more stably than Radeon did.
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 11:43:27 PM

sethest said:
Well if there will be some reasonable leap, I'll upgrade my whole pc in like a year / year and a half. Or at least gpu if there won't be any major progress in cpu waters. So I think I'm going to buy gtx 7xx later anyway.

What I'm thinking about is what is more efficient solution for me... stick with the 570 till 7xx comes and sell it then, or switch 570 for 660 TI now and when 7xx comes sell the 660 TI.

Btw. I'm going to stick with Nvidia unless some big blow-out comes, because so far in my experience it runs my 3D modelling software more stably than Radeon did.

I would go 660TI just so you can keep up with modern gaming, but that's just me
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2012 11:49:41 PM

GTX 570 is too much for this year. Why don't you lower down your Settings in a game or two.
Its sure that Next-Gen will be Better than this.
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 12:08:01 AM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:
GTX 570 is too much for this year. Why don't you lower down your Settings in a game or two.
Its sure that Next-Gen will be Better than this.

Next gen will be better. but will the 570 meet all the requirements of the new games coming out. That is if he wants to play on ultra?
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 1:47:59 AM

Michael31 said:
Next gen will be better. but will the 570 meet all the requirements of the new games coming out. That is if he wants to play on ultra?

He may not be able to Play some games on Ultra but still he can wait and get the Latest.
So he doesn't regret that he bought a Old-Gen GPU when New ones were out, And they were way too better.

After all, There aren't many good games releasing in a Quarter or two. So, if he can wait and get the Hardware in Q2 then its the Best.
December 17, 2012 1:39:07 PM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:
He may not be able to Play some games on Ultra but still he can wait and get the Latest.
So he doesn't regret that he bought a Old-Gen GPU when New ones were out, And they were way too better.

After all, There aren't many good games releasing in a Quarter or two. So, if he can wait and get the Hardware in Q2 then its the Best.

Well there is Bioshock comming (fingers crossed) :)  but that should be no problem I think...
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 1:42:33 PM

Yes ofcourse.
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 7:24:36 PM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:
Yes ofcourse.

Ahh you should be fine with bioshock.

Oh and I love your signature ;) 
a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2012 12:12:32 AM

Michael31 said:
Ahh you should be fine with bioshock.

Oh and I love your signature ;) 

I've put that signature to aware people about the Truth
Many will disagree but I don't care because I've experienced it all. ;) 
December 21, 2012 7:47:00 AM

Thanks everyone for input, it looks like I'm going to stick with what I have for the time being ;) 
!