Sign in with
Your question

Samsung 55" LED as display - 3 strange things

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2012 9:54:36 AM

Hi and thanks for reading about these 3 puzzling events!

I have two un55d6000 TVs in the same room (bought at the same time at the same store). A friend came over tonight and we hooked our PCs up to them to game. We both have very new high end PCs.

1. We were playing the same version of the same game on the same model TV and we both have very good video cards but the in game resolution options were a TINY bit different. We swapped the TVs we were connected to and his stayed the same no matter what TV he was connected to, as did mine. How the hell could this be? We both had the game set to widescreen and he had the nice normal rez number you expect to see but my numbers were slightly smaller.

2. All of the in game options for rez were for a widescreen tv. We agreed that the 4th best rez looked the best by far for both of us. Why would a lower rez look better?

3. TV#1 has all the options in the menus and TV#2 has some blacked out. We switched which PC was hooked up to which TV, including cable, and made sure we used hdmi port #2 for both TVs on all tests (I read that these TVs save different settings per port). And still TV#2 could not access some options. When we were fnised and I hooked my directv receiver up to the TV the options were available again. How is this possible?

Thanks a lot!
a b Î Nvidia
December 16, 2012 10:08:43 AM

Check the settings of your video cards and make sure that all over-/underscan options are set to zero first. Teh best physical resolution should be 1920*1080 for this TV.
m
l
December 17, 2012 4:37:07 AM

Your Res isn't going to look any better above 1920x1080 (aka 1080p). In some cases it'll actually look worse.
m
l
Related resources
December 23, 2012 11:33:17 AM

noidea_77 said:
Check the settings of your video cards and make sure that all over-/underscan options are set to zero first. Teh best physical resolution should be 1920*1080 for this TV.

I thought this would fix the problem when reading it but it did not.

griptwister said:
Your Res isn't going to look any better above 1920x1080 (aka 1080p). In some cases it'll actually look worse.

That was the highest. I went to the 4th option worse than that and it looked best. This has to be bad scaling right?
m
l
December 23, 2012 11:17:08 PM

I guess so... that's odd! lol
m
l
!