BF2 sys requirements and DVD verse CD version

The system requirements states I need a GeForce FX 5700 or greater, I have a
5200 FX 128MB. I am running the demo without any problems. Normally I find
a demo runs much worse then the patched retail version of a game. Therefore
I would think I should not have any issues, however I would love any input
before I shell out the money, and then stuck with a game I cannot play until
I upgrade my video card.

Also, is there any real difference between the DVD and the CD versions of
the other then the format and number of CDs?

My System
AMD 64 3200
1 GIG RAM
GeForce FX 5200 w/128MB

Thanks

___________
WooHoo2You

"You know there is a problem with the education system when you realize that
out of the 3 R's only one begins with an R."

-Dennis Miller

WooHoo2You wrote:
> The system requirements states I need a GeForce FX 5700 or greater, I have a
> 5200 FX 128MB. I am running the demo without any problems. Normally I find
> a demo runs much worse then the patched retail version of a game. Therefore
> I would think I should not have any issues, however I would love any input
> before I shell out the money, and then stuck with a game I cannot play until
> I upgrade my video card.

Technically, there is no difference between the demo and the final
version. It should work.

Provided you have enough ram, BF2 actually works surprisingly well with
older graphic cards. However, the improvements in the graphics are
enormous, with a stronger card.

> Also, is there any real difference between the DVD and the CD versions of
> the other then the format and number of CDs?

Nope.

> My System
> AMD 64 3200
> 1 GIG RAM
> GeForce FX 5200 w/128MB

My system: AMD Athlon XP 2800, 1 GB ram, GFX 5900XT. Runs well. You can
get a nice graphics update for a fairly small amount of money.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

"Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
> Technically, there is no difference between the demo and the final
> version. It should work.
>
> Provided you have enough ram, BF2 actually works surprisingly well with
> older graphic cards. However, the improvements in the graphics are
> enormous, with a stronger card.

That is was my thought, however I nneded a second opinion.

> My system: AMD Athlon XP 2800, 1 GB ram, GFX 5900XT. Runs well. You can
> get a nice graphics update for a fairly small amount of money.

I am going to update to 256 MB somewhat soon, however not right now.

Thanks so much.

It's running wonderful, thanks.

___________
WooHoo2You

"Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
> WooHoo2You wrote:
>> The system requirements states I need a GeForce FX 5700 or greater, I
>> have a 5200 FX 128MB. I am running the demo without any problems.
>> Normally I find a demo runs much worse then the patched retail version of
>> a game. Therefore I would think I should not have any issues, however I
>> would love any input before I shell out the money, and then stuck with a
>> game I cannot play until I upgrade my video card.
>
> Technically, there is no difference between the demo and the final
> version. It should work.
>
> Provided you have enough ram, BF2 actually works surprisingly well with
> older graphic cards. However, the improvements in the graphics are
> enormous, with a stronger card.
>
>> Also, is there any real difference between the DVD and the CD versions of
>> the other then the format and number of CDs?
>
> Nope.
>
>> My System
>> AMD 64 3200
>> 1 GIG RAM
>> GeForce FX 5200 w/128MB
>
> My system: AMD Athlon XP 2800, 1 GB ram, GFX 5900XT. Runs well. You can
> get a nice graphics update for a fairly small amount of money.
>
> regards,
>
> Achtung Ecco

"Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
> WooHoo2You wrote:
> > The system requirements states I need a GeForce FX 5700 or greater, I
have a
> > 5200 FX 128MB. I am running the demo without any problems. Normally I
find
> > a demo runs much worse then the patched retail version of a game.
Therefore
> > I would think I should not have any issues, however I would love any
input
> > before I shell out the money, and then stuck with a game I cannot play
until
> > I upgrade my video card.
>
> Technically, there is no difference between the demo and the final
> version. It should work.
>
> Provided you have enough ram, BF2 actually works surprisingly well with
> older graphic cards. However, the improvements in the graphics are
> enormous, with a stronger card.
>
> > Also, is there any real difference between the DVD and the CD versions
of
> > the other then the format and number of CDs?

Not really - I found that more than anything the game was RAM hungry. 2Gb of
DDR fixed that :)

System:

Asus P4P800
2Gb DDR PC3200.
Intel P4 2.8Ghz w/ Hyperthreading enabled.
Sapphire ATi Radeon X800 Pro w/ 256Mb onboard

It's not a brand new system (probably 18 months old), however have been able
to keep it a live through little upgrades here and there. Runs BF2 without a
problem :)

J.

TRENDING THREADS