Hotsync problem after printer installed

April 10, 2004 11:37:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi there,

This is the first time I come to this group for help. Hope some palm
experts could help me out.

I have a Clie SJ30 and it's been Hotsync'ing with no problem, until I
bought a new printer HP psc 1210, which uses USB for the connection.
Since then, I couldn't hotsync my clie any more. The Hotsync manager
on the PC does not respond, while the clie side it is always searching
for connection, as if the cable is not even there. Is there anything I
could configure on the Hotsync manager on the PC? Is there any
conflict between the 2 USB devices? However, it seems ok to use my
digital camera to upload photos using USB, even after the printer
installed. So i wonder how come the hotsync manager would have a
problem there.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

SC
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 1:52:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Did you change the USB port the palm was plugged into? I have done this in
the past and had problems not sure why. I plugged the device back into the
same port and it worked fine. Are you plugged into a USB hub that has been a
problem for me also.

!