Sims 2 game performance

My Sims 2 game was running fine the last time i've used it (about a couple of
weeks ago)but now it's been going real slow and it takes too long to
load.For instance, i click on an action and it appears on the screen way
after. I've tried and ran all my other games and they seem to work fine. I
even performed a disk cleanup ,scanned my disks for errors, defragmented my
hard drives, deleted temp. internet files, i got rid of programs i did not
need, etc........ but it seems that nothing has changed.It only does it with
the Sims 2. Is there anything else i could do to fix this problem?Thank you
in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about sims game performance

    Hi Zaza,

    Reinstalling SIMS 2 might solve the issue.
    I noticed that it was missing from the list of things you've tried.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Zaza'" <Zaza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75D948CC-F493-4D86-AC27-0BE3E7A91E5B@microsoft.com...
    > My Sims 2 game was running fine the last time i've used it (about a couple of
    > weeks ago)but now it's been going real slow and it takes too long to
    > load.For instance, i click on an action and it appears on the screen way
    > after. I've tried and ran all my other games and they seem to work fine. I
    > even performed a disk cleanup ,scanned my disks for errors, defragmented my
    > hard drives, deleted temp. internet files, i got rid of programs i did not
    > need, etc........ but it seems that nothing has changed.It only does it with
    > the Sims 2. Is there anything else i could do to fix this problem?Thank you
    > in advance.

    "Zaza'" <Zaza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Sims 2 game was running fine the last time i've used it (about a couple
    > of
    > weeks ago)but now it's been going real slow and it takes too long to
    > load.For instance, i click on an action and it appears on the screen way
    > after. I've tried and ran all my other games and they seem to work fine.
    > even performed a disk cleanup ,scanned my disks for errors, defragmented
    > my
    > hard drives, deleted temp. internet files, i got rid of programs i did not
    > need, etc........ but it seems that nothing has changed.It only does it
    > with
    > the Sims 2. Is there anything else i could do to fix this problem?Thank
    > you
    > in advance.

    In addition to what Jimmy said you could also try System Restore.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

Sims Performance Games Windows XP