My monitor wont turn on.

cabaton

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I just got a new Gigabyte 660 GTX OC. I have it plugged into my psu and my mobo, but when I plug it into my desktop my screen does not turn on. I have no dvi cables, but I used a vga-dvi cable to plug it into my monitor. I can use my computer normally if I plug my monitor into my mobo for using the integrated graphics chip. The GPU seems to be working as the fans are spinning, but It doesn't come up as registered hardware on my computer.

cabaton

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i5-3570k CPU
Gigabyte 660 GTX OC
8GB 1600 G.Skill Ram
750W Corsair PSU (Gold)
1TB Western Digital HDD
Gaia Xigmatek Fan

bretmh

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Did you completely clean your drivers and everything before installing that new hardware? If not you need to do that.. DriverCleaner, CCleaner etc

sig.jpg

cabaton

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Okay this is from looking don't worry.

I have one 6+2 PCI-E slot filled and 3 Sata/peripheral slots filled.
The GTX 660 is connected in the PCI-E slot. They are all firmly in.

I wouldn't think that it is a problem with my PSU as the fans are working. Also the GPU is not detected in my BIOS or in my device manager.

Hi - you may have to go into BIOS & disable the integrated graphics and
enable the PCI-E graphics. You also might have to clean(remove) the
integrated grpahics drivers, then install the discrete GPU's drivers,
preferably from the makers website and not from the dvd
that came with the vid card.

Tom

That won't work. It's been a few years since motherboards automatically change between integrated and PCIe graphics, and there will definitely be no option to change this in the BIOS. Furthermore, drivers aren't used until booting to windows, and he cannot even see BIOS screen, so that will not help either.

Actually that's exactly what I did with my BIOS 2 month's ago when I got my
new GPU(hd7870), and it is a relatively new MOBO (Gig z77-3dh)
and it worked perfectly.

Believe whatever you want, there is such an option(I just went back in and confirmed)
in the peripherals section of my 2011 BIOS for integrated graphics and it is disabled
(which I did 2 months ago), and if you care to research AMI's BIOS
from 2011 you can confirm such an option exists, instead
of running your mouth without checking the facts.