Sign in with
Your question

My first homebuilt system

Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2013 6:47:42 PM

Hi!
I've just built my very first computer.

I would like to get some input on what my system "needs" to sort of stand out a little more.
My parts list looks like this:

Fractal Design Define R4
Corsair TX 650M
I5 3570K @ 4300mhz
Noctua NH-D14
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16Gb
Asus Z77 Sabertooth
Intel 320 SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB FTW

The system is nice and fast and I can play whatever I want on it (single monitor for me..)
But looking in on the components it seems to be kind of dark and dreary in there :) 

More about : homebuilt system

Related resources
February 1, 2013 12:20:31 PM

Green or red LED accent lighting would spice it up (green for the graphics card, red/black for Cadillac), and I would use white cable wraps (the LED lighting would illuminate them - along with the fan, port covers, etc.)

Very nice & clean build!
February 1, 2013 1:08:27 PM

ronintexas said:
Green or red LED accent lighting would spice it up (green for the graphics card, red/black for Cadillac), and I would use white cable wraps (the LED lighting would illuminate them - along with the fan, port covers, etc.)

Very nice & clean build!

Thanks for the input!
I'll check out what's available from my local store!
February 1, 2013 3:03:59 PM

FYI. The recommended slot in the manual for your graphics card is slot 1. That is for x16 native operation.
February 3, 2013 7:31:03 AM

VABuckeye said:
FYI. The recommended slot in the manual for your graphics card is slot 1. That is for x16 native operation.

Yeah, I know.. I was just playing around in there to look at different options with the cables and all that. How much of a performance drop am I looking at by using the slot I have my GPU in now? Haven't benched any of my games with this alternative setting.
!