My first homebuilt system

Hi!
I've just built my very first computer.

I would like to get some input on what my system "needs" to sort of stand out a little more.
My parts list looks like this:

Fractal Design Define R4
Corsair TX 650M
I5 3570K @ 4300mhz
Noctua NH-D14
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16Gb
Asus Z77 Sabertooth
Intel 320 SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB FTW

The system is nice and fast and I can play whatever I want on it (single monitor for me..)
But looking in on the components it seems to be kind of dark and dreary in there :)
7 answers Last reply
More about homebuilt system
  1. ronintexas said:

Might be! Here's a picture of my system. Tell me what you think?

2. Green or red LED accent lighting would spice it up (green for the graphics card, red/black for Cadillac), and I would use white cable wraps (the LED lighting would illuminate them - along with the fan, port covers, etc.)

Very nice & clean build!
  3. LOL - Tom's hardWARe just posted an article with a ton of cool stuff...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/modding-lighting-pc,3383.html
  4. ronintexas said:
    Green or red LED accent lighting would spice it up (green for the graphics card, red/black for Cadillac), and I would use white cable wraps (the LED lighting would illuminate them - along with the fan, port covers, etc.)

Very nice & clean build!

Thanks for the input!
    I'll check out what's available from my local store!
  5. FYI. The recommended slot in the manual for your graphics card is slot 1. That is for x16 native operation.
  6. VABuckeye said:
    FYI. The recommended slot in the manual for your graphics card is slot 1. That is for x16 native operation.

Yeah, I know.. I was just playing around in there to look at different options with the cables and all that. How much of a performance drop am I looking at by using the slot I have my GPU in now? Haven't benched any of my games with this alternative setting.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product