Age Of Mythology will not run

Running XP- installed and uninstalled several times and put the v1.10 update
on as well. When game start up, there is an initilization failed message and
the game shuts down. Please help

"jmnorton" <jmnorton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running XP- installed and uninstalled several times and put the v1.10
> update
> on as well. When game start up, there is an initilization failed message
> and
> the game shuts down. Please help

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?
http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/drivers.php

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Hi jm,

Paul's right... check this out:

The Initialization failed error may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

a.. Your video card does not meet the minimum system requirements of Age of Mythology.
b.. Your video card is incompatible with Age of Mythology.
c.. Your version of DirectX is corrupted or out of date.
d.. You have multiple video adapters installed on your computer.
e.. The Screen Size (resolution) setting is too high for your video adapter.

To resolve this issue, use the methods in this article, in the same order in
which they're presented: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811553 and
Try updating your Video drivers using the instructions at:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms