Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will this be a good rig for my first ever budget PC?

Last response: in Systems
Share
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2013 8:35:31 PM

Intel core i5 3.20ghz
Asrock h61m-dg4/usb3
8gb ddr3 1333mhz
HD 7770
500gb hdd sata3
Dvd rw dl
Cooler master elite case
500w psu



Will this be able to run games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Civilization franchise, Shogun 2, CS: GO, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, STALKER series etc. on Ultra settings?

My budget is only around £500.

More about : good rig budget

a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2013 8:41:54 PM

You need a better card, also i'd get a b75 motherboard, the h61 mobos needs a bios update in order to use the cpu.

My suggestion :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£139.80 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£42.98 @ Novatech)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.82 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card (£161.98 @ Dabs)
Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£29.99 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.98 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £501.52
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

With b75 motherboard, a good quality 450W psu(it's plenty for the setup) and a much better card, the 660 GTX.
January 31, 2013 8:42:03 PM

It should. But I'd go with 1600mhz ram, unless there's a big price difference. Also, if your mostly gaming, why not trade out for a core I3 and a 7850, its probably the way to go
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2013 8:46:39 PM

ninja1eye said:
It should. But I'd go with 1600mhz ram, unless there's a big price difference. Also, if your mostly gaming, why not trade out for a core I3 and a 7850, its probably the way to go



That is an interesting opinion. 1600 MHz ram is out of my budget, for now. I will get better RAM later. As for the I3 core, I am surprised to hear that, because most people have told me to get I5. I checked out the 7850 and it is a very nice card. I might get it later. But is this a good foundation for my first PC?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2013 8:51:04 PM

djangoringo said:
You need a better card, also i'd get a b75 motherboard, the h61 mobos needs a bios update in order to use the cpu.

My suggestion :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£139.80 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£42.98 @ Novatech)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.82 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card (£161.98 @ Dabs)
Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£29.99 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.98 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £501.52
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

With b75 motherboard, a good quality 450W psu(it's plenty for the setup) and a much better card, the 660 GTX.



It is all good and well but you forgot to include OS. Can you include the OS in your list and then downgrade on some hardware to come to a total of £500.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2013 8:54:43 PM

Why does everyone that I have seen so far that do the partpicker list forget to add CPU cooler? Is it really not necessary?
January 31, 2013 9:02:42 PM

Quote:
Why does everyone that I have seen so far that do the partpicker list forget to add CPU cooler? Is it really not necessary?


The cpu comes with one in the box
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2013 9:05:43 PM

It's not necessary, the stock cooler is fine, here's an updated list, it goes ~22£ over, but it's worth it, keeping the i5 and the 7850 :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£130.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£42.98 @ Novatech)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.98 @ Novatech)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£126.94 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£29.99 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.98 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£67.99 @ Aria PC)
Total: £521.81
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2013 9:21:15 PM

djangoringo said:
It's not necessary, the stock cooler is fine, here's an updated list, it goes ~22£ over, but it's worth it, keeping the i5 and the 7850 :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£130.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£42.98 @ Novatech)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.98 @ Novatech)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card (£126.94 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£29.99 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£36.98 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£67.99 @ Aria PC)
Total: £521.81
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)



Thank you.
!