This Build Good?

Lid2z

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
What do ya'll think of this build? What problems do you think I'll run into in the future if I do buy this PC? Any parts that should be changed or added? thanks!

Case - NZXT Guardian Blue (Mid Tower)(10% off)
Additional Case Fans - 3 x 120mm Blue LED Cooler Master Sickleflow High Performance Fans
Internal Lighting - NZXT Hue - Color Changing LED Strip
Intel Processor - [Overclockable] Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo Boost (Quad Core)
CPU Cooling - Asetek 550LC High Performance Liquid Cooling
Intel Motherboard - [x-fire, SLI] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [VGA DVI HDMI] SATA 6Gb/s USB3 {4 DDR3 Slots}
Overclocking Processor - Overclock Processor to Max Speed up to 70%
Overclocking Graphics Card - Overclock 3 x Graphics Card to Max Speed
Memory - 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Primary Hard Drive - Crucial M4 128GB SSD Read: 500MB/s Write: 175MB/s [Ironside Recommended]
Secondary Hard Drive - 2TB 7200 RPM
Secondary Hard Drive Cooling - Hard Drive Cooling Fan Aluminum Internal
1st Optical Drive - DVD Writer
Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW Edition (Min. 650 Watt Power Supply)
Power Supply - Standard 800 Watt
Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Fan Controller - NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display
Sound Card - Integrated HD Audio
Antivirus Software - Kaspersky Antivirus 2012

andrewcarr

Distinguished
I think it has a nice GPU but a pathetic CPU in comparison. You could do much better.

I assume this is a prebuilt custom computer such as an Cyberpower PC.

You could do much better if you just built it yourself and even if you don't you can do better especially with the crappy 700w PSU they come with.

gussrtk

Honorable

+1 to build it yourself

Lid2z

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

thanks and I updated my original post, changed CPU, RAM, power supply, motherboard, and ssd.. now I'm getting pretty close to going over my budget.. what do you think?

edit;; no not cyberpower, it's a company I trust.. Ironside

Lid2z

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

thanks, I updated my parts.. plus this isn't going to be only for gaming, I want to be able to multitask for school

gussrtk

Honorable

looking pretty good...

but just wondering why you took the 2500k i5? the 3570k should be just a few bucks more and its new gen (nothing wrong with 2500k but... just a question... )

your current total is around 1600? (close to it anyways?) you could build for 1200-300 same thing

Lid2z

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Is the .1 GHZ really worth 20 dollars, when I can overclock the one I have ?

edit;; ya that's pretty close to the price, but instead of building it myself I want something to learn out of.. plus I have lifetime support (which is responsive) plus 3 year warranty on parts nd pc with ironside

Personally I would do this:
* i5 3570k CPU, lower power and OC's pretty good.
* Z77 based mobo, has all that one would need.
* AMD 7970 or GTX 670, but if you need to save a bit now than I would get the 7950.
* RAM 1600 mHz @ 1.5v stock CAS 9 speed.
* Corsair 200 or 300 case.
* Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, etc. of at least 550w PSU.
* 120-128 gb SSD minimal, 240-256 gb if you want to install 98% of your programs and apps on it and use the Data drive for other things.

Lid2z

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Ok I changed my original build again. But can I ask you why you wanted me to bump up the graphics card so much and not the CPU? I'm about at my limit, and I still need a cooling system, preferably fans... thanks for your input btw

Generally the more GPU power you have the better the gaming experience the better. If you have a CPU that will stay up with your higher-end GPU than you will have a good gaming experience. If you had a lower budget of about $750-800 than I would suggest a i3 3220 or maybe even a quad/six core AMD build, but since your in the ~$1500 price range, I recommended what I did. The GTX 670/AMD 7950 are close in performance, so I usually default down to the better priced option when deciding between the two. The 7970 is a beast and should only be recommended when your pushing GPU limits. The 7950 is where I would personally buy, so I could save some $ now and maybe later upgrade the GPU, if needed. Most people only keep their most recent builds about 3-5 years and usually just rebuild a new one around the latest technology. I prefer using singe GPU solutions and ones that are pretty good for the $/performance. It's up to you what you like, but personally I like the 7950 for bang for the $.

gussrtk

Honorable

actually the difference is that even though you see what you see on paper seems better, in reality the 3570k is faster than 2500k ;) in otherwords, clock for clock the 3570k is faster

system looks nice ;)