Sign in with
Your question

New evga gtx650ti causing BSOD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 17, 2012 4:05:29 AM

Just replaced a dead gpu with this evga gtx650ti. I've had it up and running for the last 4 hours and have had 3 BSOD. Used Bluescreenview and it shows driver_corrupted_expool for two, bad_pool_header for one and ntoskrnl.exe as the culprit of each.
First time happened while installing drivers off included cd. Second time shortly after drivers were installed. At this point I installed the updated drivers with a clean install. Third time happened an hour later while I was 15 minutes into "The Dark Knight Rises" LOL. Haven't even tried to game yet...
Don't think its the temperature, currently at 32C and since last BSOD has only peaked at 37C
Any help would be appreciated. If any more info is needed just ask.
Thanks!
a c 115 U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 5:06:08 AM

bmaner said:
Just replaced a dead gpu with this evga gtx650ti. I've had it up and running for the last 4 hours and have had 3 BSOD. Used Bluescreenview and it shows driver_corrupted_expool for two, bad_pool_header for one and ntoskrnl.exe as the culprit of each.
First time happened while installing drivers off included cd. Second time shortly after drivers were installed. At this point I installed the updated drivers with a clean install. Third time happened an hour later while I was 15 minutes into "The Dark Knight Rises" LOL. Haven't even tried to game yet...
Don't think its the temperature, currently at 32C and since last BSOD has only peaked at 37C
Any help would be appreciated. If any more info is needed just ask.
Thanks!

Did you remove the drivers from the dead gpu?
If not, that's the 1st thing you need to do.
I used driver sweeper on my machine.
Also, what is the make & model of your PSU>

Tom
m
l
December 17, 2012 2:17:03 PM

Yupp, removed anything associated with the ATI gpu and had already run driversweeper.
PSU is seasonic g-series 550w
m
l
Related resources
December 17, 2012 6:43:11 PM

got two more BSODs... iastor.sys for one, nvlddmkm.sys another, both had ntoskrnl.exe
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 6:44:47 PM

Could it be the OS?

or did it only happen when you got the new GPU?
m
l
!