ONLY IE64 CONNECTS TO INTERNET

jesau

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
ok I need some help, suddenly my computer will only access the net through IE 64 bit. This came on all of a sudden with no changes made by me. Nothing connects except IE9 64 bit.

HELP

jesau

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I'm not sure what an X86 browser is?

I did use Google Chrome and that is how I discovered the problem, the only change I made was cutting back my internet speed with my ISP. The problem started right after that, ISP tells me everything is fine on their side.

jesau

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
no other programs will access the net, not Windows Live or any other new programs I try to install.

I can download them through IE641bit but they will not access.

ryanjh

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
x86 = 32 bit
x64 = 64 bit

You really need to provide as much info as possible concerning the history of the problem (new software, drivers, what you were doing prior to it occurring, etc...).

From the limited info you've provided it seems like the browser you usually connect to the Internet is not working along with Windows Live. Yet IE64 is connecting to the net.

That means its not a hardware or connectivity issue. Thus its a software issue. Going back to my previous point, you need to provide more info.

Since its somewhat hard getting the history of the problem from you and since you seem inexperienced in these matters I would just recommend a system restore. Its a bit heavy handed but since it is a software issue its likely to work.

If it doesn't work you might have a virus/malware messing with your system. And that opens up a new can of worms.

If you don't know how to do a system restore just google 'Win 7 system restore instructions' and you should find a guide to walk you through the steps.

ryanjh

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
PS If you're a gamer you might want to save your game saves to a flash drive otherwise System Restore might restore (i.e. delete) those files to the date you choose as your Restore Point.

System Restore won't touch documents, music, or video files but any other files are fair game (if I remember correctly).

jesau

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
The problem came on suddenly, I tried doing a system restore because there was an update involved so I took it out to see if it was the issue, it was not. Like I said the only real change was with my ISP.

what specific info are you looking for?