Screen goes blank, black after installing GPU Drivers

vaal

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Hey guys, This is my first post here and I would really appreciate your help, I've just built my first computer which consists of:

GA-970A-D3 Gigabyte Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 Processor
Cosair Vengance 8Gb of RAM
Kingston 120 Gb SSD
ViewSonic VX2250WM-LED 22-Inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Monitor
600 W Cooler Master PSU

AND

Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7850 GV-R7850C-2GD

I have installed Windows 7 64-bit and downloaded and installed the motherboard drivers from gigabyte's website. I then proceeded to download the GPU's drivers also from Gigabyte's website and when they are installed and I perform the post installation reboot the start up gets as far as the 'Starting Windows' screen then goes blank and black, it is still receiving a signal as the 'no signal' message on the monitor does not make an appearance. To get to windows again I have to reboot in safe mode and remove the GPU drivers.

What can I do?

check on the video card all the power plugs are connected. the monitor should if it working right switch over from analog boot screen at post to a higher settings when windows starts. i would drop the monitor support people an email see if there a setting of size the monitor cant do or has a hole. most newer video cards and windows first time video default to 640 by 480 or 600 by 800. the only thing i would try is see if someone had another card..even if it two years old just to boot into windows. if the other card works fine it may be an issue with your card. have you tried the newest drivers from ati??

vaal

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

The power plugs are connected, I have the newest drivers from ati's website. I will try the other video card idea,
Thanks for your reply.

vaal

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I made some progress, I used another monitor and the DVI cable provided some output however the display had red pixilated dots all over the screen. When I tried a HDMI cable there was no problems unfortunately my monitor only has DVI and VGA inputs. I am hoping it is a problem with the cable and not the port on the GPU...I'll have to check another DVI cable to make sure.
Fingers Crossed it's not the GPU cuz then I'd have to send it back to Amazon.