Sign in with
Your question

Watercooling - I worry with no reason?

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2013 8:11:08 AM

Hello, I recently spent 4000 euro on a new computer. I also bought watercooling (Corsair H60 Hydro Series). To set it up was fairly easy, however I never used watercooling before and notice I'm still worried about it because I'm afraid it will start leaking and ruin my expensive parts.

I overclocked my processor now aswell, and computer been running fine for 24 hours without any sign of leaking.

Should I worry about a leak in the future? Is there a risk that the watercooler suddenly malfunction?

Thanks for answering my question :) 
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2013 8:20:20 AM

They all start leaking at the end of day two , and completely destroy the whole computer

And that includes the power lead , monitor and printer

and thats even if you dont have a printer . The next one you do get will catch fire in seconds
February 1, 2013 8:21:22 AM

As long as you maintain the tubes (check for cracks and kinks) and generally treat it right, the cooler should last several years with no issues at all.

Don't worry, everything is fine. If for some reason a leak does appear, contact the manufacturer and remove the part immediately to prevent damage.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2013 8:38:18 AM

^ This is true. Don't worry about what Outlander said.

As an extra note the Noctua nh-d14 has been proven to be as effective as closed loop systems. So if you are worried about the water cooling you could sell it off and pick up a Noctua, that'll save you time on maintenance and worry.

In my experience it's only worth going with water cooling if your going for big clocks and then it's custom loops all the way.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2013 8:55:42 AM

Yeah I wouldn't have bought a closed loop either. But it should be fine just check it doesn't leak the first time you try it.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2013 11:13:54 AM

I had to lol at Outlanders response concerning future printer purchases :) 
I'd have spent good money on a custom loop on a 4k rig but thats by the by, that liquid cooler will last you about four to five years which is probably longer than the life of your Pc will be before you upgrade
Moto
February 1, 2013 11:25:34 AM

mikerockett said:
^ This is true. Don't worry about what Outlander said.

As an extra note the Noctua nh-d14 has been proven to be as effective as closed loop systems. So if you are worried about the water cooling you could sell it off and pick up a Noctua, that'll save you time on maintenance and worry.

In my experience it's only worth going with water cooling if your going for big clocks and then it's custom loops all the way.

If your are truly worried about a leak get the Noctua recommended above, it has the same performance as an H60, but it is hassle free.

Though as long as you know you installed the cooler right then your parts will survive.
!