I know that there are a few other theads that deal with similar questions and issues but not exactly so I this one for a little advice.
My issue is that with Santa on his way soon I have been eyeing up moving from 560 ti sli setup to a single card setup for ease of use (have 3 screens and alternate between span and multi screen depending on games and work). I have looked at getting a 670 as a direct replacement as although the performance will be similar I am hitting the vram limit with my sli cards and 2gb will go a long way to resolving the issue.
So should I :
1. Keep hold of the sli setup and wait for the 7 series GPU's to see what they will be saying.
2. Go for a 670 and try and sell the 2 560ti's (any idea how much I could get for them each / as a pair)
3. Go for a 670 and sell one of the cards, keeping one of the cards for physx OR additional monitor.
I know I havent mentioned any AMD based cards but after having both setups I have experienced fewer issues with Nvidia and feel more comfortable with them.
Any suggestions would be helpful to making my mind up.
I have a single 590 running 3 monitors also. For your SLI setup I would recommend waiting for the 7 series. I wouldn't touch a 6 series at this point. I like to upgrade when I can get over 50% increase in performance from my current card(s) or it just isn't worth it because you will be needing to upgrade almost right away again if you don't.