Time for an upgrade?

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Howdy people

I know that there are a few other theads that deal with similar questions and issues but not exactly so I this one for a little advice.

My issue is that with Santa on his way soon I have been eyeing up moving from 560 ti sli setup to a single card setup for ease of use (have 3 screens and alternate between span and multi screen depending on games and work). I have looked at getting a 670 as a direct replacement as although the performance will be similar I am hitting the vram limit with my sli cards and 2gb will go a long way to resolving the issue.

So should I :

1. Keep hold of the sli setup and wait for the 7 series GPU's to see what they will be saying.
2. Go for a 670 and try and sell the 2 560ti's (any idea how much I could get for them each / as a pair)
3. Go for a 670 and sell one of the cards, keeping one of the cards for physx OR additional monitor.

I know I havent mentioned any AMD based cards but after having both setups I have experienced fewer issues with Nvidia and feel more comfortable with them.

Any suggestions would be helpful to making my mind up.

System in sig.

Thanks in advance

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I have a single 590 running 3 monitors also. For your SLI setup I would recommend waiting for the 7 series. I wouldn't touch a 6 series at this point. I like to upgrade when I can get over 50% increase in performance from my current card(s) or it just isn't worth it because you will be needing to upgrade almost right away again if you don't.