Sign in with
Your question

Time for an upgrade?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 17, 2012 12:09:36 PM

Howdy people

I know that there are a few other theads that deal with similar questions and issues but not exactly so I this one for a little advice.

My issue is that with Santa on his way soon I have been eyeing up moving from 560 ti sli setup to a single card setup for ease of use (have 3 screens and alternate between span and multi screen depending on games and work). I have looked at getting a 670 as a direct replacement as although the performance will be similar I am hitting the vram limit with my sli cards and 2gb will go a long way to resolving the issue.

So should I :

1. Keep hold of the sli setup and wait for the 7 series GPU's to see what they will be saying.
2. Go for a 670 and try and sell the 2 560ti's (any idea how much I could get for them each / as a pair)
3. Go for a 670 and sell one of the cards, keeping one of the cards for physx OR additional monitor.

I know I havent mentioned any AMD based cards but after having both setups I have experienced fewer issues with Nvidia and feel more comfortable with them.

Any suggestions would be helpful to making my mind up.

System in sig.

Thanks in advance

More about : time upgrade

December 17, 2012 12:37:30 PM

I have a single 590 running 3 monitors also. For your SLI setup I would recommend waiting for the 7 series. I wouldn't touch a 6 series at this point. I like to upgrade when I can get over 50% increase in performance from my current card(s) or it just isn't worth it because you will be needing to upgrade almost right away again if you don't.
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 12:43:50 PM

1. Keep hold of the sli setup and wait for the 7 series GPU's to see what they will be saying.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 17, 2012 12:47:01 PM

Cheers guys for quick responses. Looks like I will put the GFX money under lock and key for a while while I am waiting for the 7series.
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2012 1:09:59 PM

Thats Right... :sol: 
!