Internet connection sharing with Nokia 6600

Last response: in Brands
April 16, 2005 3:23:44 PM

It's possibile to share a internet PC connection with nokia 6600 via
bluetoot? Outlook email too?
I'm looking for anithing same the brazilian "Hands"
(http://www.hands.com.br/) for palm OS

Thanks,
April 16, 2005 10:30:57 PM

"Peppo" <peppo_nospam_@superig.com.br> wrote in message
> It's possibile to share a internet PC connection with nokia 6600 via
> bluetoot? Outlook email too?
> I'm looking for anithing same the brazilian "Hands"
> (http://www.hands.com.br/) for palm OS
>
> Thanks,

It's possible - you'll need a bluetooth dongle and drivers that support the
required protocol.
I've been researching this recently myself to connect my NGage to the
internet via my PC and it's ADSL connection.

No REAL guides or tutorials found but plenty of snippets of info available
for anyone prepared to spend a few hours (maybe more!) searching.

Take a look here:
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t61079/h/s.html

Basically you need to create a new Access Point on your mobile.
This new access point will re-direct your mobile to your PC's bluetooth and
(hopefully) allow it to share your PC's internet connection.

I tried this with my existing bluetooth drivers/software and it failed - but
that's because my dongle's drivers/software are a piece of buggy cr@p with
no updates or support available!
I use a Smart Modular Blue Opal dongle and have had endless problems getting
the drivers/software installed.
So i tried the Blue Soleil software from http://www.bluesoleil.com/ and hey
presto it worked!
Can successfully connect my NGage to the internet via my PC's ADSL
connection.

Martin.
!