Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Budget Computer build for 3D modelling/rendering

Last response: in Systems
February 1, 2013 3:01:16 PM

Hi all

I desperately need a new computer, mine is seriously dated and I am a 3D architectural visualiser and would like to work from home sometimes. I realise my budget isn't at the high end, so it's important I balance the costs with spending the most on the most vital components, I'm am a bit dumb as far as computer spec goes so hoping you kind folk can help me. If anyone knows of a good place to order for Germany that would be very helpful too.

Budget Range: 700-1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: 3D Modelling/rendering using mainly 3D Studio Max, zbrush, photoshop

Parts Not Required: Harddrives

Overclocking: Maybe

I look forward to your help.

Cheers

Martin
February 1, 2013 3:06:04 PM

I can't seem to edit the message, I wanted to say the budget is £700-900/€1000... forgot to put it in
February 1, 2013 3:53:46 PM

Can you post a website you are looking to buy from? Not familiar with European sites
Related resources
February 2, 2013 3:06:22 PM

I'd need a new motherboard too though, the current one I have is an Asus P5Q SE2. Presumably the motherboard I have need a certain kind of ram too. Also does anyone know of a graphic card to go for for my needs?
February 2, 2013 3:50:50 PM

Will you be playing games on this PC ?

What sort of rendering do you do with Max (scanline: the default renderer, Mental Ray, iRay, VRay etc. )

Do you need to include OS in the price ?
February 2, 2013 4:00:53 PM

No games. Vray for rendering and no OS needed.

I have a case which is quite large, I guess it's dependant on the motherboard whether I need to replace it. I also have a DVD rom and harddrives.

I'd also probably need a PSU, mine is only 450w
February 5, 2013 10:35:11 AM

Is there any more info I can add to get a bit more help here?
!