(New Build) i7 3770K Gaming

brazuka331

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Within on month or two

Budget Range: about $1200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any USA website

Parts Preferences: Intel, Asus

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Additional Comments: I work in electronics retail and can get some good prices on some items.

This is what i was going towards after doing my research.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core-----Already got for $100
Windows 8 Pro--- Already have also $Free$

Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid $109
ASRock Z77 Extreme6 $139
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO $199
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 $239
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB) $60 I know is a was but its really cool looking!
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series $250
Full Tower Case -- looking to spend no more then $150
CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W $130
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache $139
ASUS 24X DVD Burner $25
GPU -- Either a 660ti or 670 Not sure yet

Mouse and Keyboard and Monitor i already have.

Please give input also reasons for your suggestion. This computer is be my primary cumputer and for lots of gaming.

Thank you

Solution
Get the noctua nh-d14 for a cooler, same performance, no leaks, more quiet cooler.
I'd get the asus pro, the sabertooth has less features, and power phases, it's overpriced, the thermal armor is just marketing.
That ssd is expensive, get the crucial m4 256GB on newegg, you won't notice the difference, the crucial is also a reliable ssd.
For a full tower case, my suggestion goes to the nzxt phantom.
Get Crucial Ballistix sports ram, much more cheaper.
If you can afford a 670 gtx, get one, like the asus dcii, msi pe, gigabyte windforce 2/3, evga ftw or signature.
For the psu, i'd get this : http://www.amazon.com/XFX-850w-Semi-Modular-Power-Supply/dp/B0050751YS/

Get the noctua nh-d14 for a cooler, same performance, no leaks, more quiet cooler.
I'd get the asus pro, the sabertooth has less features, and power phases, it's overpriced, the thermal armor is just marketing.
That ssd is expensive, get the crucial m4 256GB on newegg, you won't notice the difference, the crucial is also a reliable ssd.
For a full tower case, my suggestion goes to the nzxt phantom.
Get Crucial Ballistix sports ram, much more cheaper.
If you can afford a 670 gtx, get one, like the asus dcii, msi pe, gigabyte windforce 2/3, evga ftw or signature.
For the psu, i'd get this : http://www.amazon.com/XFX-850w-Semi-Modular-Power-Supply/dp/B0050751YS/

Solution
I'd go for the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, I've seen some strange ASRock quality issues and the Sabertooth is way overpriced and not worth it. You might consider the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H or the MSI Z77A-GD65. I've built systems with both and they've run great. The Samsung 840 pro is defiantly top of the line if you can afford it I'd get it. I'd get the GTX 670 its a great card and the current price is very aggressive. How on earth did you get a i7-3770 for $100, lol, is it used?

brazuka331

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

I work at Best Buy Mobile selling phones and i get good discounts from intel and other vendors, also i win alot of stuff. I get W8 Pro for free and Office 2013

I have those 3 Motherboards because they seem to be the best ones on that price range and the best rated.