AMD Radeon HD 6450 want to upgrade?

professorblueprint

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2012
hi i am looking to upgrade my computer so i can play the latest games like battlefield 3, skyrim etc.

my specs:

processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-core processor 4.02Ghz

RAM: 8.00GB

system type: 64-bit Operating system

motherboard: GIGABYTE 78LMT-S2P am3+

graphics card: AMD radeon HD 6450

graphics bus capability: PCI Express 2.0

Maximum Bus Setting: PCI Express 2.0 x16

PSU: 500W

memory: 1TB

if there is any other information you would like too know please let comment and get back too me soon. PS my friend told me that the CPU is ok for playing games like battlefield and mass effect 3 but im not sure.

professorblueprint

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2012
i will just check now ive realized i should have gone intel i don't know whether i can convert over some time but AMD have served well so far. P.S thanks for the fast reply

yialanliu

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
That one is fine.

You should probably be able to max most games for now at that resolution getting 30+fps.
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1854/12/
20 on Metro 2033. So you wil lahve to lower the setting. I bet if you turn off some AA, you can hit 30+
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1854/7/
35 on BF3

Also, have some patience, expecting replies 2 hours within your post is not always going to happen.

professorblueprint

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2012
thank you very much sorry i was impatient but when i posted this up i got 3 replies in like 1 min so i think im going to advise my friends that this site is very helpful

Thanks for that. please be sure to mention that it's not an instant chat site like MSN or IRC though.

G

have the same pc specs as you other than an AMD bulldozer 8120. the graphics card is pretty rubbish but still able to play skyrim and battlefield 3 smoothly on low settings and half resolution. its fair to watch but really, just go for an Nvidia 660 or something. that is whjat my choice is because I want to play the top spec games like battlefield 4 and crisis 3.

Just another question though, what is you Power Supply Unit? (in watts)