Help me build my first gaming pc.

Hello. I need some help building my first gaming pc. I have a 850-900 euro budget (without the pc screen)
This is the configuration i choosed but i'm looking forward for your opinions/ sugestions/ improvements etc
Sorry for the linguistic mistakes, english is not my first language.

Corsair Carbide 200R 53,89€
  Intel Core i5 3350P 167,69€
  MSI B75MA-P45 58,99€
  MSI GeForce GTX 670 PE OC - 2 Go (N670GTX PE 2GD5/OC) 367,49€
  Corsair VENGEANCE BLUE 2 x 4 Go DDR3 PC12800 CAS 9 LP 48,59€
  Western Digital WD Black 3,5" - SATA III 6 Gb/s - 1 To (Caviar)= 81,89€
  Corsair CX Bronze - 600W 67,90€
  Asus DRW-24B5ST - noir =- OEM 19,99€

TOTAL 866,43€

Screen LG IPS234V-PN Moniteur LED 23" (58,4 cm) DVI, HDMI, VGA 1920 x 1080 Noir EUR 146,90
16 answers Last reply
More about help build gaming
  1. It all looks good to me.
  2. looks good. nice build
  3. Thats a nice build.. i'd suggest getting an h77 mobo if they are similarly priced..
  4. Thank you all for your fast responses, i really apreciate the help.

@nix327 The MSI H77MA-G43 is 15 euros more expensive that the B75MA-P45, from what i can figure out, it has one extra pci expres port (more future upgrade options), 6 and not 3 audio conecters (doesn't change much).

I can drop the dvd writer and loan a usb portable one from a friend to cover up the cost difference, i'm puzzled.
  5. That's what you should do. 99.99% of the people out there only use their DVD drive to install Windows 7 and they never use it ever since.
  6. completelyrandomname said:
    That's what you should do. 99.99% of the people out there only use their DVD drive to install Windows 7 and they never use it ever since.

I agree, the thing is that i don't know if i'l need the pci expres slot .

The bios will have no problem detecting the portable dvd rom, if it's the first windows install? (i never used one)
  7. If you want to go dual video cards in the future then get the extra pci express slot. I don't think you will have problems but other people should confirm for me.
  8. Yes, get the h77 over a b75 any day. Agreed with the dvd drive thing. Anyway, you can alwasy boot from a usb drive.
  9. camohanna said:
    Yes, get the h77 over a b75 any day. Agreed with the dvd drive thing. Anyway, you can alwasy boot from a usb drive.

This is the way i'l do it, i'l instal windows from an usb an upgrade my mobo. Anywho, has anybody installed first time the windows from a portable dvd rom?
  10. Why don't you "upgrade my mobo" now? If you do it later you will have usually have to re-install Windows.
  11. completelyrandomname said:
    Why don't you "upgrade my mobo" now? If you do it later you will have usually have to re-install Windows.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly, i said that i will upgrade the mobo [meaning i'l get the h77 and i will instal windows from a portable dvd or a usb (because i'm not buying the dvd rom anymore) ] :bounce:

Can anybody recomend a "cheap" decent ilumination system for the case interior?
  12. NZXT HUE, around $30 USD and you can have all the colOUrs of the rainbow.
  13. Guys i ordered all the components except the cpu.

What should i get, the i5 3350p or the i5 2500k (unlocked version) or maybe the i5 3470 ?
    the price difference is minimal. the i5 2500k unlocked oem version is even cheaper.
  14. i5-3470. You dont need the 2500k as your not overclocking. Plus because the 2500k is oem, means no stock heatsink :P
  15. camohanna said:
    i5-3470. You dont need the 2500k as your not overclocking. Plus because the 2500k is oem, means no stock heatsink :P

I got it :bounce:
    |'l go with the i5-3470. I can see the finish line :lol:
  16. cr33p said:
    I got it :bounce:
    |'l go with the i5-3470. I can see the finish line :lol:

Good luck and have fun with your new build. Dont forget best answer :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Systems