Director Player 6 Error

Hi,

my sons older windows 95 games just wont work on our new XP Home Computor.
Every time I try to start the game a popup window displays "Director Player
6.0 - This program requires at least 3 MB of free virtual memory to run".
I've tried the diffrent compability modes for both W 95, 98, NT and 2000 -
still the same result. I've looked at some threads here and I've tried the
Dosbox from sourceforge, but then it says that the program needs to run in
windows. Please help me start these games (at the moment I've got 3 games
with the same problem, all 3 are "older" games). They used to work fine in
our Win 98 SE computor. It has to be some kind of compability problem, but I
just can't solve it.

If you need it here are some specs:

Intel P4 3.0 Ghz
1024 MB Ram
160 Gb Harddrive
Radeon X300
Direct X 9.0c

If you need more info of my system please tell me what you need, although
the system can't be the problem!

Regards Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Please follow the screenshots in this article to resolve the issue:
http://www.hulahamsters.com/solution1.html

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Magnus Sweden" <MagnusSweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA86D6B2-9FAD-4D61-BD2D-0D34AAECCADD@microsoft.com...
| Hi,
|
| my sons older windows 95 games just wont work on our new XP Home Computor.
| Every time I try to start the game a popup window displays "Director Player
| 6.0 - This program requires at least 3 MB of free virtual memory to run".
| I've tried the diffrent compability modes for both W 95, 98, NT and 2000 -
| still the same result. I've looked at some threads here and I've tried the
| Dosbox from sourceforge, but then it says that the program needs to run in
| windows. Please help me start these games (at the moment I've got 3 games
| with the same problem, all 3 are "older" games). They used to work fine in
| our Win 98 SE computor. It has to be some kind of compability problem, but I
| just can't solve it.
|
| If you need it here are some specs:
|
| Intel P4 3.0 Ghz
| 1024 MB Ram
| 160 Gb Harddrive
| Radeon X300
| Direct X 9.0c
|
| If you need more info of my system please tell me what you need, although
| the system can't be the problem!
|
| Regards Magnus

Hi Jimmy and thanx, the thread you gave me a tip of solved my problem. My son
will be pleased in the morning...

Regards Magnus

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Magnus,
>
> Please follow the screenshots in this article to resolve the issue:
> http://www.hulahamsters.com/solution1.html
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "Magnus Sweden" <MagnusSweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA86D6B2-9FAD-4D61-BD2D-0D34AAECCADD@microsoft.com...
> | Hi,
> |
> | my sons older windows 95 games just wont work on our new XP Home Computor.
> | Every time I try to start the game a popup window displays "Director Player
> | 6.0 - This program requires at least 3 MB of free virtual memory to run".
> | I've tried the diffrent compability modes for both W 95, 98, NT and 2000 -
> | still the same result. I've looked at some threads here and I've tried the
> | Dosbox from sourceforge, but then it says that the program needs to run in
> | windows. Please help me start these games (at the moment I've got 3 games
> | with the same problem, all 3 are "older" games). They used to work fine in
> | our Win 98 SE computor. It has to be some kind of compability problem, but I
> | just can't solve it.
> |
> | If you need it here are some specs:
> |
> | Intel P4 3.0 Ghz
> | 1024 MB Ram
> | 160 Gb Harddrive
> | Radeon X300
> | Direct X 9.0c
> |
> | If you need more info of my system please tell me what you need, although
> | the system can't be the problem!
> |
> | Regards Magnus

Fantastic! I'm glad we helped. :)

Cheers,