Wanna see what good quality sensors cost?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
September 10, 2005 10:59:06 PM

As opposed to what is used in consumer cameras?

http://www.fli-cam.com/pricing.htm#IMG6303E

Not the price changes with grade change.
-Rich
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 1:45:32 PM

Rich <none@none.com> writes:

> As opposed to what is used in consumer cameras?
>
> http://www.fli-cam.com/pricing.htm#IMG6303E
>
> Not the price changes with grade change.
> -Rich

Look again. That's pricing for a whole camera. And a camera built in
very low volume. As I recall, Kodak would sell you an entire camera
(the DCS760) built around that sensor for $7K or so, including a Nikon
F5 body.

--
-Stephen H. Westin